Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Will HongKong become part of China at the end of the 1990s  (Read 637 times)

DenisG

• Former member
Will HongKong become part of China at the end of the 1990s
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:07 PM »
Hi folks.

I don't remember how we did it in the other games and I found nothing on this via search function.

Will HongKong become part of China by the end of the 1990s and make it possible for those airlines to setup bases in China's mainland?

Denis

ksliu9

• Former member
Re: Will HongKong become part of China at the end of the 1990s
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:36:18 PM »
Hi folks.

I don't remember how we did it in the other games and I found nothing on this via search function.

Will HongKong become part of China by the end of the 1990s and make it possible for those airlines to setup bases in China's mainland?

Denis

I don't think so, though HK becomes part of China after 1st July 1997, HK is still a special "region", in terms of administration, immigration rule etc.  Just take another example, EU is a region as a whole, so the rule of setting up bases is, within the same region.  HK and China are two different regions, even after 1997.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »
That is what I believe too. Sami stated in the manual that e.g. Singapore and HongKong are not able to open further bases, but in the next paragraph he included that this will change over time, as in case of Latvija joining the EU later.

Btw, what happens, if i start in Latvija as part of the Soviet Union and open bases in Leningrad (St. Petersburg) e.g. Then Latvija joins the EU and I open a base in Berlin. Will the St. Petersburg (Leningrad) base then become invalid?

Denis

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
The old bases (case Latvia for example) are not closed.. but if it will be 'misused' like that then I will probably introduce such rule - but for now it is all allowed and ok.

HKG will be 'autonomous region' of China, meaning HKG airlines cannot expand in China - like in reality.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.