Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Difficult to start - my mistake  (Read 3200 times)

Offline CVACEO

• Members
Re: Difficult to start - my mistake
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
SAC,

Denis makes some very valuable points.  Sami has said before (in the Manual, if I remember correctly) that you will probably never have 100% LF on an aircraft configured for high-density seating - particularly on flights over an hour or so long.  If you have ever flown in a small prop plane you know just how uncomfortable that gets after not too long.  Sami has tried to model that in AWS.  And you are right about fleet commonality - it is extremely important to stick with a very limited number of aircraft types.

I have a small fleet of Embraer-120's utilized on very short-haul feeder routes to my base in Portland.  Here is what the scheduling for them looks like (note that N202PA gets her seats turned over a total of 12 times each day - that's 12 paying passengers for each seat every day on one airplane) ... this is what a money-making short-haul schedule for a prop plane looks like:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:57:35 PM by GoGreenCEO »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »
Fully aware of that Swiftus27 - it tells you on the route information page that profits are excluding certain costs.  It's getting the a/c to generate enough profit to cover "other costs" that's the problem !

Patience young padawan, patience. 

Order early order often.  Don't let money pile up.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 07:36:39 PM »
(and Sami's IP blocker took down another one when I went on vacation)... but that's a different story.  

hmm? what was this case?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »
hmm? what was this case?

This site's IP blocker wouldnt let me get in from my Hotel....  That was almost 1.5 years ago. 

This is where I was too: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CVGNPHF-Hilton-Cincinnati-Netherland-Plaza-Ohio/index.do

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »
I found that when I googled "swiftus cincinnati"...
Now we know, what you have been doing there... Yeah right, "Samis IP blocker...", don't worry swiftus, you can be honest with us... There is nothing to be ashamed of...
Denis

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »
No matter where you start its difficult I have played all games incl all Beta's  and MT 2 is the first game i have struggled 3 times to start succesfully. same style, same way, everything the same way  but had no luck.

After 3 times, i got fed up and quit the game, to make it worse the game is slow, long boring and dragging.

Hope the future games live up to the older games, quicker, faster and more fun :)

I'm starting to feel the way you do. If there isn't so much of hint of a turnaround tonight, I'm outta there. You have to draw the line somewhere. :(

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 10:12:23 PM »
Thank god it's not just me !

I have made changes in an attempt to survive - but if I BK this time it seems pointless re-joining for the same to happen again -its just wasting credits/money  :-\   

Here's hoping my survival tactics start to work....quickly...!
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 10:19:38 PM »
one tip.. try the C class too. LF may be slow there at start but any C/F class pax is a well paying one. Y class paxes are not...

And of course patience is needed. A few game months at least, unless some big screw-up was made in the very beginning.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »
I'm starting to feel the way you do. If there isn't so much of hint of a turnaround tonight, I'm outta there. You have to draw the line somewhere. :(

Same here, new game stating on 29th is the key decider. I love this game, but the new version has been awful. In the end its a game and we have to have fun and we are not at the moment. So if this carries on as L1011 said its time to quit :(

Hoping for a 200-225 player ,30 mins game Sami, dont let us down.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »
Thinking out loud: (gosh, I really do not understand the big deal or difference between a 30 or 35 min days.. I think it is only psychological difference that makes it so 'major' since the limited growth from large num of players leads to less daily mandatory activity per player (= read: less used planes available), and thus making the time feel longer.. in reality there really is no big difference ... But as usual, prove me wrong)

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
Sami,

5 mins may not be a big difference as you said but over the long run it does make a significant difference dont you think.

Earlier games, before going to bed , we used to check everything , buy used planes, schedule it and in the morning they will be flying making money, but now it does nto happen.

Game is slow now, we expect things to be a bit faster dont we:) not at a concorde pace but may mach 0.95 LOL and not 275 kts an hour , hehe. I hope you get my point.

Every min counts and when it comes 5 it defo does mate. Waiitng for the new game :)

keep up ur good work though.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
"It's the competition, ..."

to quote Bill Clinton, not meant as an offense to anybody...

Denis

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 11:35:43 PM »
 Wow, it is hard to believe you guys are complaining about v 1.2, and the 35 min game days. I have seen your names in previous games and would think you would have the experience and game knowledge to figure out the differences of the new game world and I'm going to guess that you do. It must be patience that you are lacking, in 1.11 the biggest complaint was airlines got too big too fast, so in this world if you are expecting to be the same size that you would be in previous worlds you will not like any 1.2 worlds. I saw something along the line of - if I don't see some change by tonight that will be it - By tonight! that will be weeks at the most, this is a management sim not an arcade game, change happens over months in this game.
  As for the diffenence from 30-35 min game days there are pros and cons, it was easier to tell when a game day would change in a 30 min world, every half hour. The 5 minutes is really no different to the pace of the game, 1 hour GT is approx 90 sec now as opposed to 75 sec before. 1 real day is now almost exactly 6 weeks or 42 days and the old worlds were 48 days, this may seem like alot, but when game worlds last 3-7 real months it is nothing. Again PATIENCE needs to be stressed in this sim and if you can't find some I will look forward to reading more of your, and other impatient players complaints.

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 11:44:11 PM »
  Oh yeah, I noticed you said you would buy your ac and assign the schedule them at the same time, you are paying 2 weeks salary for no reason by doing this, assign your schedule the morning of the day that they arrive which would now be 8 hrs instead of the previous 7, so 35 min days better than 30 in this case ( 8hrs sleep ).

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 11:55:29 PM »
We have life too and work and not sit pateintly for things to happen. Regarding you saying overnight things to happen, well if you seen my airlines personally , The max aircrafts I ever had is 150 (ONCE) i prefer a nice, well run small to medium size airlines.

You dont tell me  about my patience and how to run my airline or my life. Its a game/sim  6 months for a game to finish?  General election campaign in the UK is less than that.

Its not about growing big to rapidly etc etc, We are here coz we love aviation, love planes, we get away from our daily life, work,family to have some fun and "NOT" sit staring at the screen and see similar thing after few hrs. 6 months is a loong time for a whole game. Lets see how much patience you have at he end of 6 month and whether your still in the game. Nothing personal but just replying to what you wrote :)

Offline CVACEO

• Members
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2010, 01:10:34 AM »
To those of you who seem to find nothing enjoyable about AWS v1.2 and don't pull any punches in letting the rest of us know how miserable you are I want to say just one thing ... Don't Ruin It For The Rest Of Us!

I personally find NO major flaws with v1.2 and, since this is a simulation and not an arcade game, I think the level of realism achieved warrants the slower pace and emphasis toward long-term strategy.  As I think further on what has been discussed in this thread it does become apparent to me how greedy our "gotta have it now" generation has truly become.  I can't imagine the amount of time and effort Sami and his team have put into this sim and, frankly, none of us really have any right to be complaining about anything. 

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »
Firstly ,
I am not talking to anyone of yous, so dont want your comments  and what you think. This is for Sami and I do understand and realise what he says, agree with him to certain points. Second, V1.2 as a game has no flaws, just slower pace according to me.

Not a arcade game, Not a arcade game,Not a arcade game, " I Know that" thats why I am playing and playing since BETA (get it all of you) need glasses?? .

Not going to comment on this thread coz i dont talk to people who dont get the point  "SIMPLE AS".

Have fun with your "Not a arcade game". dont tell me what to do, mind your own business and ur airline.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »
We have life too and work and not sit pateintly for things to happen. Regarding you saying overnight things to happen, well if you seen my airlines personally , The max aircrafts I ever had is 150 (ONCE) i prefer a nice, well run small to medium size airlines.

I'm getting really sick unto death of people implying that anyone who disagrees with their gripes about the game or does better than them in the game somehow has no life outside of airwaySim.   >:(

Hachiko

• Former member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 05:26:38 AM »
Sorry but HOW many times did you b/c..? Since you can restart 3 times for every "join" you make.
Game credits are no issue for me. I restarted three times per one join. Made a total bankruptcy two times after six restarts and as I still want to play this game, I joined third time. Main issue for my topic was: difficult to start.

Hachiko

• Former member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 05:29:16 AM »
Sami,

5 mins may not be a big difference as you said but over the long run it does make a significant difference dont you think.

Earlier games, before going to bed , we used to check everything , buy used planes, schedule it and in the morning they will be flying making money, but now it does nto happen.

Game is slow now,
Let me echo myself. I totally agree with you! That was the way I played too.
Kim

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.