Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Are Alliances worth the cost?  (Read 1009 times)

azflyer

• Former member
Are Alliances worth the cost?
« on: April 28, 2010, 02:54:42 AM »
I'm considering joining one of the alliances but can't get past the .08% of ticket income expenditure to be in one.  Surely, .08% seems like nothing but, if for example I bring in $10mil/week that means the cost to be in an alliance at .08% is $800,000/week!  Is it worth it??  Does an airline see that much of a boost to PAX demand if they are in an alliance??   ???

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Are Alliances worth the cost?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:58:05 AM »
You're off by a decimal there, bud. :)  It's actually up to 0.8%/week, but, in your example, that would only be $80,000/week.

There is no appreciable boost to pax being in an Alliance.  I would say that there's absolutely none if you asked me, but supposedly there's a "very small" one.

The deterrent to competitors is worth more than anything else.  If you're one of 7 airlines in an airport and 6 of them are in Alliances, you're almost certainly going to be the first target that everyone goes after because there's no worry about other airlines "coming after them" if they start targeting all your routes.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »
I think belonging to an alliance has great benefits. Better to be in one if you can than not, I say. :) (now if I could only get in one LOL!)

suorodolam

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »
You're off by a decimal there, bud. :)  It's actually up to 0.8%/week, but, in your example, that would only be $80,000/week.

There is no appreciable boost to pax being in an Alliance.  I would say that there's absolutely none if you asked me, but supposedly there's a "very small" one.

The deterrent to competitors is worth more than anything else.  If you're one of 7 airlines in an airport and 6 of them are in Alliances, you're almost certainly going to be the first target that everyone goes after because there's no worry about other airlines "coming after them" if they start targeting all your routes.

Target them how? ABCBA routes are gone.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 12:46:30 AM »
Target them how? ABCBA routes are gone.

dude he meant airline based at your base airport. ;)

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:10:58 AM »
Speaking of ABCBA routes, when do you think the domestic 4-leg routes will be readded, Sami? After this first cycle of games has ended?

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 01:12:40 AM »
I honestly only join alliances so I have people to talk to during the game.  8)

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:41 AM »
I honestly only join alliances so I have people to talk to during the game.  8)
+1

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.