Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Recommended Used Prop?  (Read 925 times)

deafpilot

• Former member
Recommended Used Prop?
« on: April 28, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »
What used prop would you guys suggest starting an airline with?

Offline raptorva

• Members
Re: Recommended Used Prop?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:06:09 AM »
Fokker F27/F50 are great props for starting up from what I have experienced and so are DHC-300/DHC-7 aircraft. I personally prefer the Fokkers

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 02:21:21 AM »
I've more than 10 YS-11 (the Japanese prop), which has a great range (900nm) with 64 pax, though the fuel consumption is quite large (840). But it makes quite good profit, except during the C-check seasons!!! (about 600k-800k for C-check!!!)

After using for 1 year, I plan to renew them with Fokker 50!

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 02:22:20 AM »
  It and almost everything in this sim depend on many factors, some ac are better suited to the european market and would do poorly in noth america. Those with 400 nm or less are good for europe, bad for na in general, if you are looking to start at a large airport look for one with few or no other airlines and lots of slots left and go for routes with no competition to get your load factors and profits up faster. Finally, have some patience it takes months of game time for LF's to increase, 2-4 real days. Search the forum for info there is a ton of great advice in here, much from the 1.1 version but it will still help alot.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:33:55 AM »
YS-11 is great during Jet Age, but not mid-1980s ;) Just too old and too high fuel burn now

in real world YS-11 is still using and Japanese airlines retired it in around 2004, because new system is required by government and too expensive to add those things on a 20 years old plane. It seems that the checking problem is not a big factor to them in real world?

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:09:07 AM »
YS-11 is great during Jet Age, but not mid-1980s ;) Just too old and too high fuel burn now

in real world YS-11 is still using and Japanese airlines retired it in around 2004, because new system is required by government and too expensive to add those things on a 20 years old plane. It seems that the checking problem is not a big factor to them in real world?

The YS-11 has been fine for a startup aircraft in this game for me.  Sure the C-checks are expensive, but I'm making approx. 200k profit a week with each aircraft.  Even at 700k, a C check is only 3.5 weeks profit.  Granted, that's not good, but it's certainly affordable.  Sure fuel burn is a bit high, but they're still very profitable, and they're actually available  ;D  Lease them on short leases now, and order new aircraft to replace them when you've made a bit of money.

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »
The YS-11 has been fine for a startup aircraft in this game for me.  Sure the C-checks are expensive, but I'm making approx. 200k profit a week with each aircraft.  Even at 700k, a C check is only 3.5 weeks profit.  Granted, that's not good, but it's certainly affordable.  Sure fuel burn is a bit high, but they're still very profitable, and they're actually available  ;D  Lease them on short leases now, and order new aircraft to replace them when you've made a bit of money.

See this:  http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6520387

A Philippines airline called Interisland Airlines is still flying YS-11 now!!! This photo was taken 1 year ago, they just repainted this lovely Japanese aircraft!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interisland_Airlines

I think it is the one and only one YS-11 still flying as a commercial aircraft at 2010!!! Others are mainly used as military in Japan (self defense force), such as this one: http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6827467

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.