Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 4224 times)

anesuk

• Former member
Unbelievable
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:04:53 AM »
Guys i hope i am wrong but how come u get some airlines that just suddenly have 20 planes but u have started the game at the same time and these airlines are alreaady flyin 200k passengers a week. can someone explain this to me as this is a bit unreal

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:06:20 AM »
not that hard to believe at all.  Just going after many different planes on the used market, that's all.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:28:26 AM »
Who did it? What airline? That's what I call business spirit!
Denis

anesuk

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:36:38 AM »
fine i have no problem with u going after all the used planes but remember we have all started with the same amount and have a limitation as to how many planes u can get so guys lets be a bit serious and look at this closely

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:42:19 AM »
It is just a strategy to become the biggest airline and it seems to work for them for now, I have no complains about it (and no, I'm not one of them, I have only 6 a/c).

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »
Yes, I understand. Anyhow, you're limited to I think four a/c per week or so, right? So, which airline is it?
Denis

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »
I stand corrected: Limited to 6 used a/c within 7 game days.  That makes 41 game days per 24 real hours, means 5,88 game weeks times 6 a/c might in fact work out. Although hard because everybody is having big trouble finding useful planes plus the sense of timing. Although Fokkers are pretty amassed in the market right now.
Denis

anesuk

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 01:53:18 AM »
Denis i understand to an extent wat u are talkin about but let take for example look at the airline companies in Shangai, the 2 airlines already have a lot of planes operatin and how is that so considerin the airlines were created the same time but one of them already has 20 used plane and sum on order. i thot we started at the same time and i only have 3. come on guys sumthing is not rite

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 01:54:25 AM »
I'll take a look, one second.
Denis

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 02:08:43 AM »
Well, you all started at the beginning of the scenario. Sisu Aviation has been grabbing quite a lot on the used market not worrying too much about fleet comm. and age. Some of the DC-9s are pretty old. While also going into long-hauls early on. Prestige appears to have focused on huge pax planes and putting them on shorter routes. I believe that main difference to your airline (Dominos) is that the others are flying a lot of monopoly routes, where they have no competition (cash cow!) and that they have kept their fleet comm. much better in line than you have. Sisu flies now 20 a/c with 5 fleet types. Prestige 9 a/c with three types and you fly 3 a/c with three types(!!). I cannot see the early months anymore, but I assume they have kept that ratio down even further at the beginning. Another factor might be CI, although I cannot tell from the outside where they are right now.

But so generally speaking, yes, that is absolutely possible, and I would perhaps even say that 20 a/c right now at an airport like Shanghai is not really a lot. I had a similar situation at Istanbul, if you want to take a look, although one of the competitors has gone bankrupt in between and was reborn and now going down again, doing the same mistake again. We all started at the same time, but took a very different approach to growth and solid financials, I guess.

But please feel encouraged to discuss your observations here, I am glad, if I can help you out with anything.
Denis

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 03:46:36 AM »
 Not unbelievable, there are currently 59 airlines with 20 or more ac i thier fleets, there is a mix amongst them of poitive and negative value and a good number are not at the 'big name' airports. I myself am very near this level and feel that it is in a large part due to strategy and the levels at which pricing, CI, and route competition are at for each player. At my home base 7 of us started at the same time, 3 are struggling, 3 are doing well and 1 is average, so as we all start with equal opportunity, strategy would seem to be the difference, read lots and you will improve fast as there are many great tips in the forums.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 04:31:44 AM »
I currently only have 4 aircraft of the same type but they are serving me perfectly fine and bringing in the profits without zealous over-spending on aircraft/route spam

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »
I currently only have 4 aircraft of the same type but they are serving me perfectly fine and bringing in the profits without zealous over-spending on aircraft/route spam

becareful my friend, because C chechs will make you hurt for such a small fleet...

Pai
Lunar Airways

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 03:08:59 PM »
I think that the rule that limits 6 used aircraft per week only comes to the advantage of those who stay online all day. But, isn't Sami trying to do the opposite thing?

anesuk

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »
I think that the rule that limits 6 used aircraft per week only comes to the advantage of those who stay online all day. But, isn't Sami trying to do the opposite thing?
i actually think the system has created other players who seem to have an advantage over the real users

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
Some airlines (the really big ones, at big airports) go all C class in the beginning.  It provides an excellent return on investment, and allows them to grow exponentially, compared to us economy airlines.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 03:54:50 PM »
This was true in the past more than now. 

The new airlines simply can't get the planes they used to so this tactic will start to hurt after having to pay a ton to reconfigure their planes.

mfpoulsen

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
I must be one of the airlines in question... I have 30 planes, 2 used in order and I think 13 brand new in order.

Its all about strategy. I focused on just a few simple rules:

1. Keep the commonality costs to a minimum. My 30 planes and 2 used in order are all the same type. The 13 brand new ones are also of the same type.
2. I decided to focus on economy flights to US on all routes but kept away from the highly saturated New York route which I knew would be too risky at the beginning. I'll take the pax's on that route later ;)
3. I fill (or close to fill) the routes I do serve.
4. I constantly adjust the pricing compared to the route competition - to maximize pax transported vs. maximizing profits.
5. Think long and hard about marketing and adjust to your position...
6. I joined an alliance - gives a couple of percent more in LF

No magic here - just following all the advice given in the forums along with the lessons learned from the Beginners World...

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
mfpoulsen, I feel sorry for the day when your fleet goes into C checks.  Those 707s must be a million a piece.   

mfpoulsen

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
Roughly, but with over 4M in weekly plus, I'll be fine...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.