Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Flaw in ordering system  (Read 668 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Flaw in ordering system
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »
I really like the idea that new planes will be spaced out but this doesnt have the intended results.   Instead, the big airlines are simply going to get more fleet groups in order to get all of their planes now.  SURE, it will be expensive to do so but it wont be too hard to change out these planes when other new ones come in.  With that said, I sure hope that you increased the commonality penalty .

• Former member
Re: Flaw in ordering system
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:54:39 PM »
Hello swiftus. I had this concern right away when it was announced spacing slots would be adjusted to real world, that it will only encourage fleet commonality, even when tweaks to fleet commonality costs have already been recently made. You make a valid point, but I hope to also make a valid point that regardless of changes and future changes made there will be reasons greater than financial (even though it is not as profitable, also not a reference to the slot issue) if they choose to play a certain way that they find interesting or fun, whatever reason that is. I feel there will be changes  in the future but I hope any changes does not force an airline to stick to one style of play for example a low cost carrier or only operating a single fleet type until they hit 30 a/cs. I'm not completely defending this nor am I completely against it (for myself, I will simply adapt this time around, in my previous world Jet Age2, my airlines Sunny Earth Airlines and Atlantic Expressar  among the only few airlines in the world that operated one legged routes in a large hub, and in a world where the status quo were to create multiple fake hub), but I start to question the intent of this suggestion and future suggestions like this, suggestions that will keep surfacing until this intended result has been finally achieved, that all airlines operates one specific way?, whichever way that is and I wish my impression is wrong.

Hopefully, you or anyone else do not see the large airlines as 'bad guys' in this game.  I will feel bad if you do :(, I;m already feeling guilty playing my airline I have to admit... I am sure you know that there will always be large airlines in every game world, not as large prior to v1.2, but still large nevertheless)  Looking forward to your response or anyone else who has anything to say about this matter. Just a note that I have graduated from Beginner's World #5 which was my first world, so I am not going to be anywhere near insightful as the respected veterans in this community.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:16:50 PM by Dookz »

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
I have observed that too, and also saw myself forced to engage in that growth strategy. However, I think it will be very interesting to see how other airlines will react as new a/c production lines become so long. In fact, we had the same in other scenarios, where we had to wait 2 or 3 years for a B737, just not that early on I guess. But I am sure that there will be emerging strategies on how to deal with that.

But please also consider another factor: We have 500 players in this game! So already this causes a huge difference and I think the result would be about the same, if production rates had not been adjusted.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »
I think the production rate and spacing is perfectly fine. But if you really have that itch for action, for fun, or for strategy,etc, you will consider adding a fleet commonality.

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
The thing i do not understand Sami ( and i really would like an answer ) is why you do not set up worlds with different rules. One extremely capped, where everybody have their small airline, there is little competition and life is good and another where we can savagely compete and have monster airlines. I 've been playing this game since day 1 for two main reasons, i am fanatic about aviation and business simulation games. As far as the aviation part is concerned, the game is magnificent but as a business simulation its not even near what it could be.

There are hardly differentiating factors in this game. For instance it doesnt matter if you have a 100% image or an 80% image and the difference is a lot of millions per week, there is absolutely no visible difference between running a good configuration or an excellent one, you can lower your price to 10% of the recommended fare and all you get is a marginal increase in LF and it's absolutely the same if you are in an alliance with 100% rating or if are not in an alliance at all. I affirm this after countless experiences i made in previous games. So if the game is capped further, what is the interest ?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.