Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No a/c in Used Market... No way to grow... Game become boring...  (Read 3158 times)

Offline mtnlion

• Members
Re: No a/c in Used Market... No way to grow... Game become boring...
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »
Generally, I like the pace of the game and I love the highly competitive nature of it! As said before, the often observed overcrowding and straight ordering in past games has made it easy to determine early on who might dominate. This time, it is an absolutely different setup and it become even more challenging, as the unknown moves of setting up further bases comes into effect during the next game year.
Denis

I second you on this!

kone_alta

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
No. When the "big" airlines can order new planes, they don't keep checking the used market 24/7 and leaving more used planes for the "small" airlines. Allowing "small" airlines to grow too easier than if they all were to compete on the same used planes, thus allowing the "small" airlines to become "big" too and order new planes.

I hope the big companies wont fly those rotted planes until the message of too old to fly appears, but in such circumstances, I think they will better stick to those second hand planes because either the production rate of new planes is too slow, normally it takes 40 days for a plane like MD80 series or even more for bigger planes, with the game day duration extend to 35min/day, which means almost 1 real day to get a plane for domestic route, wont it take too long time and boring?  :-\

In another way back round, not all big companies will order as much new planes as you've expected, if the supply of planes are confined like this(in both new and second hand planes, like 36 DC-10 30ER stored while there are 31 new order backlog and not all production slots are utilized), How can the system encourage users to free up second hand planes on hand back to market and contribute to newbies?  ;)

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »
No way to grow?LOL
get a new plane!

Offline malus

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2010, 09:39:30 AM »
it's definitely forcing people to think a bit further ahead, i know personally i'm being forced to look at my competitors fleets and orders a lot more than before to try to help plan my own fleet requirements and now also where the first extra hub will be located - lack of slots is biting hard!

the slow aircraft production i think may have a bit more of an impact on fleet variety between operators, personally i've moved away from 737s (due to the 18 odd month lead time) and having to order new aircraft much earlier in the game than what id like to... but how exciting is it when an airbus shows up on the used a/c market!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.