Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: No a/c in Used Market... No way to grow... Game become boring...  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Tim

• Members
It seems that all B747s, DC10 and TriStars had ended... And there is no way to grow fast... Game become borinr because the only way to grow is ordering new a/c which will be delivered 0,5-1 per month...

So, we'll getting game with longer day time and EXTREMELY slower growth.((

ucfknightryan

• Former member
Re: No a/c in Used Market... No way to grow... Game become boring...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:09:18 PM »
Nope, they're still appearing.  Just saw a DC-10 a minute ago when I was leasing a DC-9.  Of course it's gone now, they go quick.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:12:52 PM »
The slow growth is great for the game.  Think how dull the games usually become after 50% when it's just a case of renewing your fleet.  If this slowing means the game is still interesting for longer then that's a good thing.

The global stats page - http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Stats - now shows how many aircraft are waiting to filter into the used market, so there are still plenty :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:39:47 PM by Daveos »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »
Slower growth what has been very widely requested, and that'll it be.

Once again, it's not good/realistic/fun/etc to have "endless" supply of used aircraft at all times. Try the new order lines instead.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »

Once again, it's not good/realistic/fun/etc to have "endless" supply of used aircraft at all times. Try the new order lines instead.

U/C are a crutch.  You should be looking at the new market.  Unless you are hoarding slots in london, of course.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:45:47 PM »
Unless you are hoarding slots in london, of course.

Strong tactic though. Least it shows he's thinking outside of the box.

Though I really think Sami's next venture is re-working slots so.. it will be short lived me thinks :D

Talentz

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:49:05 PM »
I love the new game, the slower growth is more realistic and I think it's ace, theres still plenty of used aircraft available, it's just luck whether you strike gold and get than shiny used Dc10 you were after or not!  I'm in the same boat with the L1011-500's but hey i'm still loving this game!  ;D

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
I very much prefer this slower growth as its more realistic.
In real life you dont see an airline no-ones ever heard of flying 20-30 aircraft to 100 destinations within thier first month of existence

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:53:36 AM »
Gotta agree.  Love the patience it takes to play this one.  DHC7's are tough to find.  But when I get one ... or sometimes two!... it's a great day!

And realistically if I had leased them any sooner, it would have been a drain on my finances.

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 04:19:27 AM »
Even the Ruskie planes are getting hard to get.  ;D
I'm loving it. Really makes planning, waiting, compensating meaningful

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 04:28:26 AM »
clearly then this game is more for those of us that take a full and proper interest in the airline business.
Simply spamming routes and aircraft is not possible so those players will drop out and leave only us serious players behind to concentrate and establish our strategies

Offline k900

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 04:55:48 AM »
clearly then this game is more for those of us that take a full and proper interest in the airline business.
Simply spamming routes and aircraft is not possible so those players will drop out and leave only us serious players behind to concentrate and establish our strategies

It's a marathon, not a sprint. There are a few players ramping up any way they can and it's gonna be fun watching them 'reorganize'.

The limiting of multiple legs is a good move too. While most players enjoy the strategy and forward planning it's annoying when some guy based in Rome with 700 planes (about 30 different variants) starts running an A300 from your hub (my case Jfk in the last game) to Buffalo NY. Like me flying from JFK to Rome with an A330 with a second sector from Rome to Palermo. Just flying planes for the sake of flying, willy nilly.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 05:10:28 AM »
Agreed kieran! Foreign carriers in the real world are prohibited from flying domestic routes in other countries except their own. I had to compete with Air Munich from BOS-MCI at one point. NUTS! >:(

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 05:12:30 AM »
 :-[ Back to the original topic (sorry), I see used aircraft replenished often. Ya gotta be at the right place at the right time. Maybe you need to check more often than you do. ;)

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »

show me the money sami ;)

bigger airlines have more cash to do this but smaller airlines do not, and they usually do not release those planes back to market as there are still many demand to fill. What's the result? Big airline get bigger and small airlines have not planes to expand. Things keep on happening ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »
bigger airlines have more cash to do this but smaller airlines do not, and they usually do not release those planes back to market as there are still many demand to fill. What's the result? Big airline get bigger and small airlines have not planes to expand.

No. When the "big" airlines can order new planes, they don't keep checking the used market 24/7 and leaving more used planes for the "small" airlines. Allowing "small" airlines to grow too easier than if they all were to compete on the same used planes, thus allowing the "small" airlines to become "big" too and order new planes.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »
Im not going after used AC any more myself.  I have a whopping 10 planes total. 

Now, I sit and sit and wait for new planes to hit.  And they are taking a long time to come in with the new system. 

In the meantime, make some AWS demotivators.

Mascalzone

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »
I see a lot of Fokker F.27s, DC-9s, B720s on the market, they're ok to start a new airline, where's the problem?

I am really more worried by the slots issue...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:02:24 PM by Mascalzone »

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 02:02:22 PM »
No. When the "big" airlines can order new planes, they don't keep checking the used market 24/7 and leaving more used planes for the "small" airlines. Allowing "small" airlines to grow too easier than if they all were to compete on the same used planes, thus allowing the "small" airlines to become "big" too and order new planes.
I hope this will happen from the bottom of my heart ;) We can just wait......

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
Yes, we have seen the switch already taking place, as Sami describes. The big boys are concentrating on ordering efficient and new planes. The used market is being refreshed at random between 0.5 to 2.5 (if I recall correctly). It is in fact a matter of timing to be successful on the used market. I was very lucky a couple of time, but generally managed to get a total of 24 used a/c with SAME engines, in order to keep up fleet commonality this early. Also, I had one competitor going bankrupt just yesterday and he restarted, flying 6 used (although very old) B727-200s and DC-9s. I was astonished about that quick move.

Generally, I like the pace of the game and I love the highly competitive nature of it! As said before, the often observed overcrowding and straight ordering in past games has made it easy to determine early on who might dominate. This time, it is an absolutely different setup and it become even more challenging, as the unknown moves of setting up further bases comes into effect during the next game year.

If anybody is having trouble with strategy and setup, please feel free to discuss with me via message, I am eager to help those struggling.

Denis

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.