Airwaysim Demotivators:

Started by swiftus27, April 21, 2010, 03:34:46 PM

Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on June 05, 2012, 02:04:55 AM
When I got on a UA 735 on Friday, I just knew something would be up... behold the APU was broken.

No need for such, there is a GPU, that gives you electricity (GPU = Ground Power Unit, not to be messep up with Graphics Processing Unit) and an ASU to help starting the engines, as a battery can't provide enough power on a mid sized jet (ASU = Air Starter Unit).

Pilots of a certain Russian airline flying into DUS mostly know neither of these... there is usually a representative at the gate, to translate English or German into Russian, so that "comrade commandir" understands what we (Ramp Agents) talk about... apparently the ASU was a mystery to them, until we told them to glance a look out of the starboard window ;D Long live this airline flying the silver jets named after 'important' Russian people...

at least they don't care for maintenance... you show them the damage or notify of a problem, pilot looks and says: nada prrrrroblemmm

3 cheers I only fly Star Alliance and never SkyTeam (that was the last hint on which airline I mean).

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: Jona L. on June 05, 2012, 10:33:21 PM
No need for such, there is a GPU, that gives you electricity (GPU = Ground Power Unit, not to be messep up with Graphics Processing Unit) and an ASU to help starting the engines, as a battery can't provide enough power on a mid sized jet (ASU = Air Starter Unit).

Pilots of a certain Russian airline flying into DUS mostly know neither of these... there is usually a representative at the gate, to translate English or German into Russian, so that "comrade commandir" understands what we (Ramp Agents) talk about... apparently the ASU was a mystery to them, until we told them to glance a look out of the starboard window ;D Long live this airline flying the silver jets named after 'important' Russian people...

at least they don't care for maintenance... you show them the damage or notify of a problem, pilot looks and says: nada prrrrroblemmm

3 cheers I only fly Star Alliance and never SkyTeam (that was the last hint on which airline I mean).

I have flown them on domestic routes a few times. Never disspointed with the material they put me on. TU154 and yak40. You're laughing your a** off when you see their protocols and how they work. No english anywhere to be found and what about someone without a boarding pass. Nah give em a handshake and welcome aboard  ;D

Those were a few of the best flights in my life! for sure

swiftus27

Quote from: Jona L. on June 05, 2012, 10:33:21 PM

No dispute here.  It was just hot on the ramp in Denver.  He had one engine running but needed the juice from it to start #2.  So we had to wait until we were pushed back before they got us any relief from the temp in the cabin. 

Jona L.

Quote from: Airlinemaster on June 06, 2012, 08:25:35 AM
I have flown them on domestic routes a few times. Never disspointed with the material they put me on. TU154 and yak40. You're laughing your a** off when you see their protocols and how they work. No english anywhere to be found and what about someone without a boarding pass. Nah give em a handshake and welcome aboard  ;D

Those were a few of the best flights in my life! for sure

Didn't say they are a bad airline, just said it is pain in the ass working with them, as communication proves even harder than with pilots of Turkish airlines (not only meaning TK here, but generally airlines from Turkey)... but screw it, I get money for doing it, so what do I care? I do my job as good as I can, and if the pilots do as well, the plane won't crash, never mind the rest ;)

Quote from: swiftus27 on June 06, 2012, 12:20:27 PM
No dispute here.  It was just hot on the ramp in Denver.  He had one engine running but needed the juice from it to start #2.  So we had to wait until we were pushed back before they got us any relief from the temp in the cabin. 

Usually you don't have any engine being started before pushback, due to safety reasons. Especially when at a gate, because -at least big jets- can do serious harm to glass facades due to their power. In FRA they even have to be towed into gate, as they would pull off all the windows from the wall, if they rolled in on engine power.

Anyways, you got home safely, as we all see, so everything's alright, you didn't crash that is most important ;)

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: Jona L. on June 06, 2012, 01:10:38 PM
Didn't say they are a bad airline, just said it is pain in the ass working with them, as communication proves even harder than with pilots of Turkish airlines (not only meaning TK here, but generally airlines from Turkey)... but screw it, I get money for doing it, so what do I care? I do my job as good as I can, and if the pilots do as well, the plane won't crash, never mind the rest ;)

Usually you don't have any engine being started before pushback, due to safety reasons. Especially when at a gate, because -at least big jets- can do serious harm to glass facades due to their power. In FRA they even have to be towed into gate, as they would pull off all the windows from the wall, if they rolled in on engine power.

Anyways, you got home safely, as we all see, so everything's alright, you didn't crash that is most important ;)

I was a trainee for an sales agent and had to work with libyan people. Only good about the libyans but if you wanted something done, waiting was key. Indeed communicating was nowhere to be found hehe.

Thats what I also love about the "commercial" side of aviation. (not the technical part). you have to deal with many different cultures and languages. It's both inspiring and sometimes very annoying :)

knutm1980

Quote from: Airlinemaster on June 06, 2012, 01:45:13 PM
I was a trainee for an sales agent and had to work with libyan people. Only good about the libyans but if you wanted something done, waiting was key. Indeed communicating was nowhere to be found hehe.

Thats what I also love about the "commercial" side of aviation. (not the technical part). you have to deal with many different cultures and languages. It's both inspiring and sometimes very annoying :)

I worked in Africa..I learned to treasure the phrase 'Tomorrow is another day'. But fo sure..Having worked and lived in several countries now, I truly enjoy the differences..as much as they might want to make you pull all your hair out of your head.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: knutm1980 on June 06, 2012, 06:32:09 PM
I worked in Africa..I learned to treasure the phrase 'Tomorrow is another day'. But fo sure..Having worked and lived in several countries now, I truly enjoy the differences..as much as they might want to make you pull all your hair out of your head.

Well, in Italy, trying to get something done, I quickly learn phrase: "domani mattina".
Translates "tomorrow morning"...  But it really means: "with some luck, maybe in a week"

swiftus27

Okay, need demotivators to continue.  I am at work...

digifreak

Ok... they care... but just a little bit.

LostInBKK

jneil121

ezzeqiel

swiftus post updated...

swiftus27

If you were only here before the call system

ezzeqiel

Quote from: swiftus27 on July 28, 2012, 01:38:46 AM
If you were only here before the call system

I can only imagine... F5 every 2secs ??...

Anyway, it payed off... I just caught the slots increase, and got all the slots I wanted... I skipped LHR tho (was already in negative with the FRA ones)... maybe next increase ;)

EsquireFlyer

In response to the above 2 pics.. I just caught the LHR slot growth also, and spent $8 million :o on slots, filling gaps in my schedule, before unknown individual(s) wiped out all the remaining slots at once, within ~60 seconds.

Meicci

Getting frustrated already..

swiftus27

sorry, it's been awhile...

Curse

Quote from: ezzeqiel on July 28, 2012, 04:31:18 AM
I can only imagine... F5 every 2secs ??...

I came across this old screenshot of ahm... ah... somebody I barely knew once... maybe. I found it on an USB-Stick on the street! Yeah! True story!

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: Curse on October 10, 2012, 10:12:17 PM

I came across this old screenshot of ahm... ah... somebody I barely knew once... maybe. I found it on an USB-Stick on the street! Yeah! True story!

Could system changes making that sort of behavior impossible be why that "someone" left AWS for months and is now bragging about their dominance in the ultra challenging and super competitive Beginners World?  ::)
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Sami

Quote from: Curse on October 10, 2012, 10:12:17 PM

So, it other words, "you guys" have cheated (or attempted) in the past, some of you were banned for period of time or permanently (and some of you have tried to circumvent the ban by creating new accounts even), and you still find it somehow amusing to brag with such pictures. Any idea how much time all these antics of "you guys" have taken from the real development work, and so forth?

("you" refers to this group of people ..)