Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Game full. Any hope for new spots?  (Read 1678 times)

madbovine

• Former member
Game full. Any hope for new spots?
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:30 PM »
I've missed the start - you should have announced it a few days prior to launching - and now I'm left "gameless". Any chance that I could spend my credits on any game?! Both that are on atm are full.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Game full. Any hope for new spots?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »
Received a PM today that another game world is planned... no time has been given though.

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:59:13 PM »
i'll sell you my spot for 40 credits  :laugh:

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:01:35 PM »
i'll sell you my spot for 40 credits  :laugh:
I'll just wait a while... Go to BCN next week (hopefully) and after that I give the new engine a go.

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »
Can't blame me for trying ;)

madbovine

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
Maybe an admin could let me know how can I spend some credits in this game? It doesn't seem fair to me, the paying user, to be left outside with money spent on some credits that I can't use...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »
If you read the last posted news on the site (here: http://www.airwaysim.com/Information/News/#111 ), there will be another game world in some time. But takes a while as it's needed to space the world starts/ends a bit so that they are not all at the same time. Details will be announced when final date is fixed - however since this world filled up so early the launch of next world will prob. made earlier than expected.

For shorter worlds, there are 2 game worlds available that last still for 1-2 months+.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
In all fairness to SAMI he did announce the game at least a couple of days before it went 'live' and there was an announcement prior to that saying beta testing was going on and if successful a new game would be launched.  Each game can't really be expected to support an unlimited number of players and this new V1.2 game seems extremely popular maybe because its using the new game engine as those 500 spaces went extremely fast!  

However there is bound to be another game world opening up soon, so just keep checking in daily and check the front page to see the announcements.  :)  

madbovine

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
I've played other online games that, when moving to new stages, would have announced the users at least 1 week before stating the exact day and GMT hour the new game will start on. You have to assume that not all your players are online on your game every day, and that they could miss a few days, being offline for different reasons. A longer waiting period between announcing the new version and actually starting it wouldn't have hurt - quite opposite, it would have generated more hype (not that the game needed it, anyway).

So, thank you for your answer Sami, looking forward for the new game.

Btw, joining the other active games is not an option, I wouldn't stand a chance at 42% and 60% game progress. I've did that once, with Modern Times #1.

Regards

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 09:19:02 PM »
I don't want to sound like an a***, but it's the way it works.

Ever notice how the latest things, (Ipads, Iphones, Wii's, Playstations, etc) sell out with limited quantity but unlimited demand? It's the way it works. You didn't wait in line early enough at the store, take a number.

Sami is trying not release the games at the same time so what happened last month doesn't happen again (Three game worlds out of five ended at the same time, one was full, and the other was 60%... if you want to bitch about not joining a game that's in progress you should of tried then you would of been really happy.  ::) )

Be patient, a slot will open or a new game will start. Stomping your feet rarely gets you anything but dirty looks.

madbovine

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 10:08:36 PM »
Rawrmaster, even if you don't want to sound like an ass, you're totally one. For your information, my act of coming to this forum and asking a question to the Service provider, is not "bitching", nor "stomping my feet". It's just a customer asking a legitimate question. Beside trolling, I don't see your role into this discussion.

eqthomas

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:21:18 PM »
Madbovine,

I believe there is still a way to sign up for email notices through a newsletter.  That's usually how I find out when a new world is opening.  Like you I'm not on here all the time if I'm not playing in a world.

cwestah

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »

Btw, joining the other active games is not an option, I wouldn't stand a chance at 42% and 60% game progress. I've did that once, with Modern Times #1.

Regards

I have to dissagree. It's def harder. A lot harder. But possible. And if your strategy works and youre starting to gain market share and you realise that the well established airlines finally see you as a threath I would say it's even more fun than joining from the start. You should try it once more ;)

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 10:42:44 PM »
Rawrmaster, even if you don't want to sound like an ass, you're totally one. For your information, my act of coming to this forum and asking a question to the Service provider, is not "bitching", nor "stomping my feet". It's just a customer asking a legitimate question. Beside trolling, I don't see your role into this discussion.

Maybe an admin could let me know how can I spend some credits in this game? It doesn't seem fair to me, the paying user, to be left outside with money spent on some credits that I can't use...

Sounds like "stomping your feet" to me, because,

Btw, joining the other active games is not an option, I wouldn't stand a chance at 42% and 60% game progress.

and you are too impatience to wait a week for the new game.

That being said, I apologize for my harsh opinions of the subject and shall restrain from any future posting on this thread.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »
The 1st space has appeared for anyone interested!  :)

EDIT:  It disappeared in moments

madbovine

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 02:46:03 AM »
Thank you Daveos, I appreciate it. I'll wait for the 29th, a new game is launching. Hooray to that! :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.