Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot question  (Read 633 times)

blair21088

• Former member
Slot question
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:30 AM »
I've been gone for a while so a consensus as to what is ok and what isn't may have formed, but what sorts of slot tactics are allowed? I'm not based in Heathrow but I was shocked to see that all the slots are gone already.There is one airline in particular, Caledonian Sky that is taking up ~20% of the slots by dumping capacity between London and Edinburough using a large number of small aircraft. Presumably he's going to replace the Fokkers with larger aircraft with time and take over the entire airport. my question is whether or not this is an acceptable practice?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slot question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
He is pretty much mathing the demand on that route, and has 50% LF on it so it cannot be considered dumping the seats or hogging slots.

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »
This is the reason why I never base at such big airports. I mean, you allow this Sami, but in fact it is nothing more then a glitch or a an exploit. I do understand your position on this point, but something should be done about this in future versions of the game.

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Heathrow has been bumped up from 33 to 36 slots in the last 30 mins, presumably because there were no slots available.

(Just after I ordered a 742, when I could have followed my plan to get 4 707s  >:()

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »
Opened a thread in feature rq forum on this.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.