Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Russians!  (Read 761 times)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
A tactical question on Russian aircraft, which so far in AWS I have avoided like the plague but during the initial rush in MT2 when all the A300, B727 and 737s and DC-9s had gone I ended up leasing a cheap as chips Tu-154. I've got it on a short lease so have in mind to get rid of it ASAP but I'm not sure how.

Do I get a new aircraft and just transfer it's routes onto that and be rid of it at the next opportunity or do I wait, get new aircraft on new routes and once I'm (hopefully) on steady ground replace it and in the meantime just deal with the sky high maintenance and fuel prices.

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: Russians!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
Replace it as soon as there is a C-check looming.  Otherwise, the TU-154 is profitable, especially the B-2 variant.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
Hummm, trying to play as authentic 1980s Russians, well Ukrainians in my case, I damn thee western states for buying up all the yak-42's!!!

You would buy a new aircraft however when you transfer routes over to it, the arrival times will be different, which means you will probably have to do some adjusting. Do it asap while there are slots available. As later in the game it becomes harder to do.

That being said, while the USSR is still intact I think there should be a ban on Soviet aircraft being bought by NATO nations and vice-versa. Off set some of the extreme cost by giving Soviet airlines some government cheese.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »
depends largely on fuel price, and the age/condition of your planes. If they are geting old then the maintenance will start to cost...

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
Look out for people who lease old Tristars.  Those are about the most brutal planes in C check (millions and millions!)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.