Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Loans  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Bebetobn21

• Members
Loans
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »
Am I the only one that can't take out a loan with no securites? I can take a loan with scurites ( About 10.000.000)? Is that a bug or I can't do this becouse I've started with a 2000000000 loan?

zorbon

• Former member
Re: Loans
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »
I can take a loan with scurites ( About 10.000.000)? Is that a bug or I can't do this becouse I've started with a 2000000000 loan?
You started with 2,000,000,000 loan huh? No wonder i'm doing horrible.

Assuming you haven't paid off your start up loan, then it's not a bug, you have a low credit rating and your in debt. Pay off the old loan and you should have some unsecured value left.

Offline Bebetobn21

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 10:40:07 PM »
No, I'm sorry, every one started with this loan! :'(

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 11:15:25 PM »
I haven't done any real testing, but loans do seem exponentially harder to get (not a bad thing).

And I don't think it's got to do with the initial one, but maybe it does.  But the bank seems a lot tighter with the money than before.

jneil121

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »
Persoanlly I like this method, as it normally takes an airline about 2 years to clear its intital setup costs (ie pay back initial capital, hire staff bulk aircraft payments etc) before it makes a profit. (From my business analysts Ive done for my degree.) So Im liking this way as it is technically incresing realism. (And thats always a goood thing :) )

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 02:19:36 AM »
I rather like the improved loan system now as it is indeed more realistic.

So far my airline has been making a profit even with only 58% average load-factors and average ticket price of $98 while flying 2 18 year old 737-200's.
I could afford to pay off the whole initial starting loan but I'm in no rush to pay it off as my airline is steadily making money and with a positive company value which I see as being the most important; This is a business simulation after all

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 03:42:36 PM »
I have sort of a different question. I own Far West Airlines. As of now I am the only one flying the routes I have with 737-200's. I chose my base because there were and are alot of possibilities, yet small enough that no one seems to give that city a second thought. I have about 750,000 left to pay off on the intial loan, but it seems no matter how I price my flights I wind up in the crapper. :o  ;D
Should I have just payed off the whole loan right from the start and run an airline on 1 plane (maybe 2?). Start over and pay off a little at a time? I'm in the whole right now with an amount about equal to what I have left to pay off on my loan.
Suggestions? Much appreciate it!
P.S. My temptation is to start over and pay the loan right off and be regional for awhile. Yes/No?

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
I'm probably not the best person to get advice from....

1) I wouldn't worry about the loan until you're profitable. Then just pay it off in one lump sum. It's only 11,000 a month.
2) Avoid old gassy aircraft. That being said, there are not many left around in the game, but It'll take 4 fokker f27's which burn as much gas as 1 737-100. You'll double your pax for about the same cost. Later when you actually make money, then you can buy newer better ac
3) Don't over market. Keep it to state level, let your flights and lack of delays build you up.
4) Wait it out, this game moves a bit slower than normal...

I fly at small bases all the time (lower than 55%) and this time around i'm flying Russian aircraft. (Eck) That above is what I follow, and so far it's working to keep soviet airplanes afloat.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »
I'll second Rawrmaster, don't worry about the initial loan.  The weekly carry cost is so low it's just not worth it.  You could easily make several times that a week with the aircraft you can lease for the $2mil.

Disclaimer: I've never operated an airline at a base that size, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

cwestah

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
Well I simply cannot understand why some of you are using time and energy in paying back loans when your airline is less than five years. The most important thing in the start is after all growth, and when the interests even are decreasing nowadays, I can see no reason in paying back loans   :-[

And the value??? What's the matter? Business has nothing to do with how much your company is worth now, but how much it will be worth in the future.

From a pretty easy pre-school business perspective: Loans when interests are low, savings when interests are high.

I have about 7,000,000 in loans at this time, and are paying 35,000 in interests per week. That's peanuts compared to my other expences.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 11:18:34 PM »
Thank you everybody!!! I see a consensus here.  So I'm going to restart Far West and work it differently. Again thanks all! :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.