Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Night Routes - Huge PAX Nerf  (Read 3758 times)

Offline GjedDa

• Members
Re: Night Routes - Huge PAX Nerf
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 06:44:56 AM »
Define Domestic ?
in Europe. What is Domestic Flights ?
I call a trip from London to Rome a Short Haul Flight, Not domestic.
London to Aberdeen can be Domestic.
And Long Haul ? What is that ? More then 6 hours in air ? Or Is Europe to East coast US LH ?

Just wondering what People think is Domestic / SH / LH :)

Mascalzone

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »
Domestic = same country

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »
Define Domestic ?
in Europe. What is Domestic Flights ?
I call a trip from London to Rome a Short Haul Flight, Not domestic.
London to Aberdeen can be Domestic.
And Long Haul ? What is that ? More then 6 hours in air ? Or Is Europe to East coast US LH ?

Just wondering what People think is Domestic / SH / LH :)
Domestic is within a country.
Difference between Short haul and long haul is in km and not in hours due to the difference in speed of the older aircraft and the modern ones, I don't know after how many NM/km/miles it is is called long haul, but you can find it somewhere on the forum. ;)
TK Regional

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »
Hopefully sami's still reading down this far into the thread...

I really love this change, but it's put an even larger (MUCH larger) gap between those that fly regionally/domestically and those that fly internationally.

If you fly a lot of short-range flights your planes are now largely useless as much as 6 hours of the day (as they should be).  But if you fly long-range routes, this change yields a fairly minimal impact to your operations -- you can do what you've always done and make as much money as always.  Those routes/airlines have always been the absolute worst in the game for extraordinarily unrealistic profits, and now they net an even much larger benefit by not being affected by this demand change. 

Those that were smart, and/or experienced from Beta, started off the game throwing down a few international routes, raking in the huge amounts of dough (and the loans to create exponential growth), and using that money to finance an aggressive domestic expansion.  Those that weren't up on the changes suffered MUCH slower growth than in the past.  This has created a very noticeable disparity between airlines in the game -- a disparity that always showed up eventually, but never this early.

Now, again, I love the changes to night flights.  And I love the slower growth as well.  But, just as before, you always had a group of players that knew how to "game-the-game" and exploit the system for rapid expansion (and I was one of them), you have that to an even larger extent now.  So, one problem was fixed, but it only exacerbated the differences that already did exist between the 2 models.  The changes to red-eyes made a much-needed slashing of the net margins available from Domestic traffic -- now something needs to be done to the unrealistic margins to be found on International routes, as these routes were always the worst ones anyway.

At least with the lack of legs, one doesn't have to worry too much about these exponentially-growing international airlines.  But eventually these airlines will start putting down 2nd bases.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 10:58:25 PM »
I fully agree with you, Sigma, and if my english skills would be on your level, I wrote exactly the same text  ;)

My airline was based in LAX and my strategy was mixed domestic (small Boeing) and long-haul (DC-10). I wasn't really active in the game, but when the DC-10 went in C-Check, the six or seven domestic (LF > 65%) 737-200Adv couldn't really compensate the losses. Now at Brasilia I run a small domestic airline and the earnings are very small (but there is no direct comparison as in LAX with a full international airline that grows 10-20 times faster).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.