Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: PAX within Soviet Union  (Read 2556 times)

alex11369

• Former member
PAX within Soviet Union
« on: April 17, 2010, 03:20:51 AM »
Never updated pax traffic within USSR.For example , Moscow Domodedovo had 10 flights per day on IL-62M to every far-east destinations /it is huge country! ,a train goes 7 days! from Moscow to Vladivostok/. Aeroflot Soviet Airlines was biggest airline of the world with giant hubs at Moscow Vnukovo ,Domodedovo,Sheremetyevo , Tashkent , Kiev Borispol , Leningrad Pulkovo. They were forced to build IL-86 for 350 pax in 1980 because they had a lot of overloaded routes. What we see in this game? the desert Sahara.... Take a look on the map of locations of airlines . Nobody want to play in USSSR.... It is 1985 in game now...

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: PAX within Soviet Union
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »
I cannot do anything about it without some real and specific information. Just stating that route "xx to yy was flown zz times a day with gz aircraft" is not enough or specific enough in this case unfortunately. Data is of course hard to find but I'd need something to back up the changes (if made).

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:44:40 AM »
Since the Soviet Union was largely a closed system could you not "guesstimate" what PAX demand was during those years and we'll all just shut up and live with it?  If there were 10 flights a day on a/c that held 90 PAX and assume a lower LF due to communist inefficiency (50%?) you could guess that the demand was around 400 to 500.  Not accurate but it would be nice to play in the USSR for a bit.

GM
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
Since the Soviet Union was largely a closed system could you not "guesstimate" what PAX demand was during those years and we'll all just shut up and live with it?  If there were 10 flights a day on a/c that held 90 PAX and assume a lower LF due to communist inefficiency (50%?) you could guess that the demand was around 400 to 500.  Not accurate but it would be nice to play in the USSR for a bit.

GM

Yes. If we don't have the data, and everyone agreess with "guessing the demand", you could change it, sami.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
Soviets didn't travel anywhere near as much as their western counterparts. 

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
if players based in USSR can be subsidised for petrol...that would be interesting...
Lunar Airways

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »
I actually hink it would make for an awesome scenario. 

1970 to 1989 - demand is relatively fixed, fuel is subsidized, capital costs are subsidized
Then ....
1990 to 2020 - Free market baby!!!  Let the dice fly!

GM
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

alex11369

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »
I've been in aviation from 70th as  real fan of it and from 80th as pilot of Aeroflot Soviet Airlines and had diploma economy work in Civil Aviation Academy for Vladivostok Air in 1993 . i'd start to send to Sami pure closes information about pax-traffic within Soviet Union starting from Tashkent's airport but i did'nt get yet an answer from them : does they need it?

alex11369

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
Actually , most trans-Soviet Union routes always were overloaded /100%/. We had facts of 101,4% of LF on flights Tashkent-Vladivostok on IL-62M in 1988-89. You ,guys ,could ask how it could be? Due to overloaded routes Aeroflot had the directive to take passengers on flight-attendant's places if it possible and at summer time when it was so crazy with tickets.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
Actually , most trans-Soviet Union routes always were overloaded /100%/. We had facts of 101,4% of LF on flights Tashkent-Vladivostok on IL-62M in 1988-89. You ,guys ,could ask how it could be? Due to overloaded routes Aeroflot had the directive to take passengers on flight-attendant's places if it possible and at summer time when it was so crazy with tickets.

okay, so if there was only one plane going from KLAX to KJFK and it was very crowded, we can then say that the route has tons of demand? ??  NO.

There just wasn't enough demand in the rest of the year to actually need more planes.

alex11369

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 06:38:10 PM »
Aeroflot had at that time 1000 long-haul and middle-haul aircraft and around 10000 airplanes together with helicopters...Soviet was huge country : 11 hours in flight on TU-154 from Leningrad to Vladivostok with two stops: Omsk , Chita ,or Omsk ,Ulan -Ude ,or Irkutsk,Blagoveschensk , totally around 17hours one way...

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 06:47:14 PM »
Slightly off-topic - having a search around for stats for the USSR - if you enter 'Soviet Union air passenger statistics' into Google - AirwaySim is the 7th website it comes up with  :laugh: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=soviet+union+air+passenger+statistics&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GFRD_en-GB&redir_esc=&ei=tkbPS8nMKMitOLumyNMP

Right, I'll continue to search as the number of Soviet Aircraft produced indicates how many flights there actually were before the break up of the USSR.  This website - http://www.cyberussr.com/rus/aeroflot.html#j257 - has some useful info about Aeroflot's situation in 1981 and how large the company actually was, so there must have been some demand  ;)

alex11369

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »
15% of world traffic - i did'nt know it!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:48 PM »
but i did'nt get yet an answer from them : does they need it?

I've replied already two days ago, check the spam folder?

estair

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »
The case in soviet union....yes they traveled less than the western counterparts but....its still 250mil people and ONE company to operate all those people and routes, in 80s in US how many companies carried the 250mil people? Lots of companies, so ofcourse there was a big demand on routes where are living 250mil people. :)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
The case in soviet union....yes they traveled less than the western counterparts but....its still 250mil people and ONE company to operate all those people and routes, in 80s in US how many companies carried the 250mil people? Lots of companies, so ofcourse there was a big demand on routes where are living 250mil people. :)

... and the economic situation was radically different.  How many tens of millions of Soviets never dreamt of flying?  The peasant class never did travel much.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 07:05:02 PM »
How many tens of millions of Soviets never dreamt of flying?

Everyone dreams...

alex11369

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:04:10 PM »
Oh , my... We 've got first airline in USSR out of Moscow ! Hope it will be in progress while pax info correcting present numbers... :)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 06:05:10 PM »
I got also some data from other source .. I will try to process them so that we can include them to this v.1.2 also.

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 12:30:28 AM »
I got also some data from other source .. I will try to process them so that we can include them to this v.1.2 also.

In the current game? *crosses fingers*

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.