Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Placing more than two orders on first day?  (Read 3352 times)

DenisG

• Former member
Placing more than two orders on first day?
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:46:45 PM »
Hi folks!

Just wondered, if I was missing something: Eastnbull Airlines from Antalya has placed two more orders than the - I know of - two that are possible on the first day. How can I do that? My screen does not show an option for that, after I have placed my two orders. Any ideas? Thx.
Denis

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Placing more than two orders on first day?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »
They are new aircraft, which you can order if you just happen to have the money for it.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »
Hmm, I cannot do it, although I have the money. I understand that 2 orders does not mean 2 planes. But ordering a 737-200Adv. must be used market. Ordering a B737-300 must be new a/c market. And ordering 2 ATR42-300 makes it at least three orders. I simply do not have the option, because my screen tells me that I have already placed two orders?
Thx.
Denis

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:55:19 PM »
Sami I do not believe you are looking closely enough... to get that configuration of aircraft delivered vs on order, more than two orders MUST have been placed... this means that some airlines are being allowed an advantage.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »
I found the same with CS Global Airways from Sydney...
Denis

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:57:40 PM »
I reported this as a bug but it was dismissed. However I think it is clear that there is a bug that has allowed some players to somehow make an additional (3rd) order.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 09:59:10 PM »
Perhaps those guys were just smart enough and simply opened separete tabs before confirming the orders?  ;)

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,7807.0.html - this was the explanation last time I thought something like this was happening :)

EDIT:  it seems any new aircraft = 1 order, as they aren't delivered until later on
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:05:07 PM by Daveos »

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 10:01:58 PM »
Similar situation with CS Global Airways:

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
This bug comes up every single time a game starts.

And Sami has said that it's working as intended, but even his explanation that he's provided a couple times, doesn't apply to these circumstances.

Certain airlines, some how, are able to place 3 separate orders on the first day of a game.

Is it a big deal?  No, since they're new planes it'll be months before they get them anyway. Unlike Used planes, which have a tight market on the first day, with new planes there's really no difference in whether they ordered the planes now or waited until Day 2 to do it.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 10:05:35 PM »
Hmm, early restriction failure? I was in before my colleague from Antalya... And the number of a/c seems not to be the problem, but the number of orders placed.

Denis

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 10:07:26 PM »
DenisG has given two examples of  airlines with three different aircraft types either delivered or on order and I have given an example of an airline with a configuration of aircraft that would not be possible with just two orders.

Clearly it has been possible for some airlines to make three orders in the first day.

If this is not corrected then my competitor at my base will have a significant advantage early in the game.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:09:31 PM by NorgeFly »

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »
There's a quote in the link I provided above directly from Sami if this helps at all -

'If one orders new planes you can get more than two, but of course you get them after like 3-4 months. Max two ORDERS in first day but single order for NEW planes can have manu aircraft. But if you order only used aircraft then you can get only two.'

EDIT:  The only bit I don't fully understand is for multiple types rather than the 'single order' for the same type
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:17:43 PM by Daveos »

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 10:10:43 PM »
There's a quote in the link I provided above directly from Sami -

'If one orders new planes you can get more than two, but of course you get them after like 3-4 months. Max two ORDERS in first day but single order for NEW planes can have manu aircraft. But if you order only used aircraft then you can get only two.'

That's the point: Max two orders, but we found three.
Denis

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »
There's a quote in the link I provided above directly from Sami -

I understand you point Dave but this does not apply... they have three totally different aircraft types on order... that should not be possible.

There is an airline I have seen with 4 on order, but they are all the same type and clearly one order. These examples are not the same.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
I'm wondering if any new aircraft counts as 1 order, irrepsective of manufacturer.  An order for 1x New Aircraft X and 1x New Aircraft Y may equate to 1 'new' order  :-\

I'm only speculating of course!  :)

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »
Must still be working for some: Air Braaten, just founded:

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »
I'm wondering if any new aircraft counts as 1 order, irrepsective of manufacturer.  An order for 1x New Aircraft X and 1x New Aircraft Y may equate to 1 'new' order  :-\

I'm only speculating of course!  :)

Could make sense, but in the second example, there can only be one new a/c and the other two must be old.
Denis

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
If this is not corrected then my competitor at my base will have a significant advantage early in the game.

No he wont.

In case he has ordered new aircraft they will arrive several months from today (game start) and you can order any number of new aircraft latest on the second game day, and your (new) planes will arrive at the same time or 1-4 days later than his. Advantage = 0 in such case.

Offline ChrisA330

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »
So is it an error or not?

I got my third aircraft taken away, but the same hasn't happened to other airlines that were able to obtain >2 aircraft on opening day.

I don't mind playing by the rules, but they need to apply the same to everyone.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.