Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: LAX: 7 Airlines  (Read 5310 times)

samomuransky

• Former member
Re: LAX: 7 Airlines
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
Few hours ago, there was 7 airlines at CPH (now only 5).

But I like this number of players.. don't forget that plane orders are much more limited that in past...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:11:00 PM by Samo »

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 09:05:57 PM »
YYZ is also pretty busy, with six airlines! It's going to be an interseting battle for survival!

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 10:19:36 PM »
The two other airlines at my hub are already close to the edge.  One only has 110K in cash, and the other less than 300K.  A fourth vanished right before the game started.

jamestbailey

• Former member
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
The two other airlines at my hub are already close to the edge.  One only has 110K in cash, and the other less than 300K.  A fourth vanished right before the game started.

How do you see how much cash another airline has (as opposed to its value)?

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »
How do you see how much cash another airline has (as opposed to its value)?
We all started with the same loan, and if all aircraft are leased, the cash amount is value minus loan.  I don't think any people took out loans to start with, so estimating the cash amount should be easy.  It's harder later in the game.

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »
Cash doesn't tell you everything. Sure, its important to know if someone will be able to get hold of a new aircraft anytime soon, but more importantly: look at routes, fleet commonality and stuff like that. That will tell you if the airline is healthy, cause someone can be making a lot of money but they will not last in the long-term.

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »
Cash doesn't tell you everything. Sure, its important to know if someone will be able to get hold of a new aircraft anytime soon, but more importantly: look at routes, fleet commonality and stuff like that. That will tell you if the airline is healthy, cause someone can be making a lot of money but they will not last in the long-term.
Right.

For example.  The guy with 300K has a single plane and is flying long-haul to 7 different cities.

I'm thinking that strategy is a stretch.   ;)

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2010, 12:36:01 AM »
There are some 1000+ airlines in the world so 500 is on the low side. But naturally the number of players is a thing that can be used to adjust the difficulty level too. But this situation is very good since there are many airlines so the initial growth rates will be slower and thus more realistic!

Actually even 1000 players in one game won't scare me off!

For me, I'd like enjoy intensive battles with other players (er, in a fair way...), no matter win or lose.

Lack of any competition will made AWS likes the KOEI developed air management game in 1990s!

Lunar Airways

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2010, 06:34:53 AM »
Exactly.

Offline Tim

• Members
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2010, 11:50:12 AM »
OMG! There are 8 airlines in AMS/EHAM now. :o
Can't understand what about people thinking when opens new airline in this city...  :-\

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »
Things will eventually hit equilibrium. Their may be 11 airlines at FRA, but give it 2 weeks(real time), and the number of airlines would probably be cut in half.

OR, if all 11 airlines still exist at FRA, then there's nothing wrong with having 500 people in the game.

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 02:25:41 AM »
Things will eventually hit equilibrium. Their may be 11 airlines at FRA, but give it 2 weeks(real time), and the number of airlines would probably be cut in half.

OR, if all 11 airlines still exist at FRA, then there's nothing wrong with having 500 people in the game.

Agree!!! And I like your logic!!!  ::)

DudeMcDude

• Former member
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:28 AM »
Well, as someone who can't get into the game... Sounds like lots of competition is a good problem to have  :P

For me, competition is what makes the game interesting and challenging, when it's fair and equitable.  It does suck though when a mega airline comes in and crushes you with low fares....

Have fun and good luck.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 06:09:29 PM »
Jimbo, click on "Airline List" from the dashboard and thats where you'll see it. (That is once you find the airline, LOL! Alot to scroll through!) :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.