The game engine of AirwaySim's online simulation has been today updated to the new 1.2 version. The change concerns all new game worlds started today and after that (running game worlds retain the previous game engine).
This update includes many changes and new features which have been already previewed extensively during the development. The main new features are:
* Ability to create multiple base airports (please see the manual for info about this feature!).
* All the related functions to base airports such as route creation, scheduling, aircraft ordering, rebasing, staffing etc. are of course also made.
* Complete update of the global country system. Each country has more information than before such as real independence dates, real flags and so forth. Countries join EU as in real life (this affects the base airports feature).
* Complete update of the aircraft performance system. The way the aircraft performance (speeds, fuel usage) are stored and counted is updated. The system is now extremely realistic taking into account for example climb speed, descent speed and cruise speed separately, and even calculating the max. flight level for each sector. Global average winds also affect the flight times when scheduled.
* Aircraft noise levels are added to database (actual noise restrictions will be added later on in v.1.2 development).
* Due to the base airports update the "4-leg routes" are disabled and it is only possible to fly two leg routes, or three/four legs if the middle airport is a technical stopover only. So no more carriage of passengers in third countries.
* Technical stops do not require slots anymore, but they are also not possible in the most crowded airports anymore.
* Airport slot capacity calculation improved.
* Numerous other small updates / changes.
The game engine will go live in the next public game world that will be launched in a few moments. As before there will be numerous updates and changes to the running game worlds with v.1.2 game engine over time, like before, since the development of AirwaySim is a continuous and ongoing process.
We hope that you enjoy the updates and new features.