Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Sky Europa...More realism please  (Read 2974 times)

se.basti.an

• Former member
Sky Europa...More realism please
« on: April 16, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
Hi,

after I wrote to Sky Europa a personal message, but received no answer, I write in the forum.

It's the people who write here often assume that there is a realistic simulation. That is right and good thing. But precisely this act, often unrealistic. The current case relates to the route Marseille - Rennes. It is not about the competition, which I find good ... But please be realistic. No one flies in the night from Marseilles to Rennes. And yet it unrealistic, in the middle of the night, at the same time with two aircraft is flying. What is this? And from these examples, there are now several cases of SkyEurope.

Rennes - St Jacques    LFRN / RNS

Days            Flight #     Dep     Arr     Aircraft   Airline    
1234567    SKE592    0010    0210       F50      Sky Europa
1234567    SKE594    0010    0210       F50      Sky Europa
1234567    SFR015    0620    0800       F28      FRANCAILE
1234567    SFR013    1840    2020       F28      FRANCAILE

Competition: YES ... unrealistic: NO!

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: Sky Europa...More realism please
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
I understand your frustration, I too like to make my schedules as realistic as possible. But unfortunately many players don't feel that way and just try and squeeze as many flights into their schedule as possible. While it is not realistic, it is their choice!

Plus, you will probably compete easier with your flight times as demand to fly between 2300-0500 is suppressed.

se.basti.an

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »
Hello NorgeFly,

Thank you for your reply. It is true that many players just trying to make so many flights as possible. That's sad and disturbing the game. I wish more fairness and reality of all.

Is it really so that the workload is suppressed between 2300 and 0500? That would be good, but I have the feeling that it is not so, because my average loadfactor has fallen dramatically by this flights.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »
Funny you should ask that as Sami has just announced that it has been modified for the next version which goes live tonight:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,18597.msg95599.html#new

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »
Funny you should ask that as Sami has just announced that it has been modified for the next version which goes live tonight:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,18597.msg95599.html#new

I think these last 3 updates on the announcement are a great tweak that will really enhance the realism of the sim.  Long haul night departures/arrivals are commonplace, so restricting this to short haul is superb.  The CI factor for C & F-Class pax is also a wonderful addition - hopefully going someway to modelling frequent flyer schemes.

Not long now guys  ;D

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
I can tell you from personal experience in 1.2 that passengers HATE to fly at night now.

As a matter of fact, I can't get a SINGLE one, not one passenger, to fly after midnight at even 20% below standard pricing.  So it may have gone a little too far actually.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:40 PM »
 :laugh: I was just about to post the same thing Sigma.  No pax at all for me either on a night flight with 30% discount

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »
:laugh: I was just about to post the same thing Sigma.  No pax at all for me either on a night flight with 30% discount

same here, really struggling with early morn and late night flights.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 08:02:43 PM »
Who is really going to fly a 1,5-2h flight between 03 and 05am?

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 08:04:26 PM »
You can get pax with a huge discount, so a nice tweak and means those at airports with a night curfew don't miss out too much too :)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 08:09:18 PM »

Not very many, that's for sure.

I don't think it's a bad change, and it's the single most realistic change I've seen made to the game since I've been here and the most likely to really cut down on the absurd margins we've got.  Cut 6 hours of potential revenue out of the day but leave all the costs, and you'll make a huge dent in the exaggerated margins we've had in the past.

So I welcome the change.  I don't know if 0 pax is necessarily realistic, but whether it's a 0% LF or a 15% LF isn't that big a deal, it's still a big, welcome change that was long overdue.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »
(for some reason the Suits are still wanting to fly you in the middle of the night too ... looking into that a bit later)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 10:17:58 PM »
I don't do those night flights any more (with maybe one or two exceptions. people in SMF don't seem to mind them, LOL!). The aircraft winds up losing money, so I stay away from them unless its like a redeye LAX-JFK. Now thats realistic and many people do use those for long flights so they can get in a full business day on the west coast and arrive early A.M. on the east coast. I don't know how they can go right to work as they often do, I guess lots of coffee and no-doz that day? :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:22:21 PM by L1011fan »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 08:40:06 AM »
I like to fly at night.

If there is only one flight you have to choose it. Also it starts at 2am. As an alternative, you can swim or drive one week with a car... or move to a popular city with more than one flight a day/week  ;D

craigydon

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 09:52:52 AM »

Viking Airlines  :P

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.