Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: King Airways....????  (Read 3761 times)

nlgravity

• Former member
King Airways....????
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
King Airways has a few too many flights from LEPO - Barcelona. 100x the daily demand.
Either he is not very business-savy or a cheater.

How can we get rid of this guy?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: King Airways....????
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »
Before posting about other players (in such accusing tone) please first check out the routes in a bit more detail.

He is repositioning the planes to the other airport, and flying onwards from there to a third destination. Something that is still allowed in this game version before the next v.1.2 comes out. Otherwise flying that many seats wouldn't of course make any sense.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/General/Rules/#Competition

Note: With version 1.11 game engine (March 2010) the exception to this rule is when airline is repositioning aircraft to other airport and flying from the other airport onwards to a third destination. This exception will be removed in games with version 1.2 game engine and after that the rule will explicitly concern all routes.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:17:27 PM by sami »

nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:09:50 AM »
you are right. i am new at this and didnt think of that. but now that i look at it it makes sense.

Sorry!

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »
not very business-savy.

It's my first game and I'm trying some things out. Next continental game I'll try an airline with only small planes, hope this would avoid threads like this...

You make me cry!  :'(

i am new at this and didnt think of that. but now that i look at it it makes sense.

Small hint. While I was playing the demo (and Beginner game for a short time) I read nearly every post in the general forums and the game forums. People are always doing mistakes, so read their threads and lern of it. Also it is very (!) useful to read the manual and understand every single page. Although I'm new to AWS I see airlines in EU2 that could be very nice and earn lots of money - if the CEO had read the manual.
Also there were not a thread like this  ;)

Offline Nonkan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »
Curse, is this your first game? Kudos to you then, because you are doing very well!

I notice you have passed me in company value, congrats. I have not been very profitable the last months, I have lowered my prices a lot to get rid of some competition, but I'll make a good profit soon when my competitors have bk:ed and I have monopoly at my home base ;)

Regards Nonkan, CEO Nonair Europe

nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 01:38:17 PM »
Thank you for the hints. Very useful. I will read the manual from A-Z in order to avoid threads like this. But more importantly to one day make a profit and last more than 30 'world-days' with the same airline.

Maybe if I have some questions or need some tactical help I can send you (Curse) a personal message?

Thanks King!  :-[

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
6 days at demo and a late start in Beginner #5 for one and a half month. Learned an airline is not doing well if you leave it for five days going on vacation and forget to set A+B Checks.

I'm looking every day at the "old" airlines like yours, Sigmas or my alliance members (I'm very disappointed of SAC and Talentz, how should I learn something from them when they are inactive? ;) ) and it's amazing how much money you earn with less and smaller aircrafts.

@ nlgravity

Feel free to ask :)

nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 07:27:38 PM »
Samy - on a second thought, maybe we shouldn't get rid of this Curse guy... ;)

Curse - Thanks man, I appreciate your great attitude. You be hearing from me soon... ;D

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »
6 days at demo and a late start in Beginner #5 for one and a half month. Learned an airline is not doing well if you leave it for five days going on vacation and forget to set A+B Checks.

I'm looking every day at the "old" airlines like yours, Sigmas or my alliance members (I'm very disappointed of SAC and Talentz, how should I learn something from them when they are inactive? ;) ) and it's amazing how much money you earn with less and smaller aircrafts.

@ nlgravity

Feel free to ask :)

Lol! Sorry. After I improved my fleet commonality (which nearly bankrupted me) I kinda stopped caring. TXL is ... bleh when it comes to time curfews. (but not as bad as Japan though). I don't really have the will to make a big airline  :-[

If there's something on your mind, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer your questions :)

- Talentz

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 04:08:55 AM »
It is still his right to do as he wishes with his planes and routes, even if you don't like it. You should have jumped into BCN when you had the chance. All players have this right and thats the way the real world operates. DFW is a perfect example of this, just like ATL.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:11:18 AM by L1011fan »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »
again, I still believe that we need to allow mentoring in some of these games. 

Sami would decide who the 'mentors' are and allow us to look (not change) at beginner's world airlines. 

Ppl could ask us questions, we can look, and help them out as much as possible.

lukeisamonkey

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 09:37:44 AM »
King Airways has a few too many flights from LEPO - Barcelona. 100x the daily demand.
Either he is not very business-savy or a cheater.

Whya re you saying stuff like that

Maybe he does have 100x the daliy demand. But so what, All he's doin is tryin to get the richest airline

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 10:52:06 AM »
Whya re you saying stuff like that

Maybe he does have 100x the daliy demand. But so what, All he's doin is tryin to get the richest airline

I like to travel from Mallorca to Barcelona, so I gave my pilots the order to fly me whenever I want. This is why there are so many seats at every time, because at some days I won't travel in an A321 and the next day I'm afraid of using a Fokker 50 etc.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.