Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Seat limits on routes...  (Read 1703 times)

Offline razzbc

• Members
Seat limits on routes...
« on: April 02, 2010, 05:58:39 AM »
I thought I saw something on route saturation elsewhere?

I was humming along quite nicely until a new airline decided to saturate some of my routes well over 200% of demand... I thought that wasnt allowed?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Seat limits on routes...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:13:23 AM »
I just did a check on most every route you operate and I didn't see anything even remotely close to crowded save just a couple and they were nothing at all bad.  Actually there were a few thought I was amazed you had no competition on at all that I made note of :)

No single airline (or alliance) can put over 200% of demand on a route.  But, cumulatively, there can be MANY times that.  If there's 5 of you, each of you may put 200% demand on a route, until there's eventually 10 times as many seats as pax.

Your Amsterdam to Rome and Rome to Moscow routes were the only ones I noticed seemed crowded at all (though they may be a couple of 3rd-leg routes I missed).  Rome->Moscow was 2 airlines each putting about 100% on, nothing wrong with that; and Amsterdam->Rome is supplied about 200% total, but that's with 5 airlines fighting over the pax, so there's plenty more seats could potentially be added there if they chose to do it.

EDIT:  Okay, I think I checked all your routes... Marseille to Birmingham, a smaller route, is the fullest.  It's supplied at about 300%, with you supplying about 200% of that and the competition another 100%.  Nothing wrong with that either.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:25:57 AM by Sigma »

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:11:51 AM »
EDIT:  Okay, I think I checked all your routes... Marseille to Birmingham, a smaller route, is the fullest.  It's supplied at about 300%, with you supplying about 200% of that and the competition another 100%.  Nothing wrong with that either.

You have a lot of time to waste.  :o
Beta Tester

jchaves

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:17:41 AM »
You have a lot of time to waste.  :o

lol, are you complaining about someone trying to help and answering questions to other players?  :)

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »
Sigma has always been very helpful in the forums, and most of us appreciate that!  ;)

Offline razzbc

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 06:08:46 AM »
Ok, I'll shut up and keep working at it!

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
This is not to say this doesn't happen because it does. Its not alot, but it happens enough to where it becomes frustrating to many players. I had one airline simply duplicate every route I flew and it shut me down. Just because they could I'm guessing. People do have the right to put their planes wherever they like, but never ever count on sportsmanship here. The prime directive is to make sure your airline stays aloft and keep a close eye on your base, your competiton, and go ahead and saturate a route yourself if you have the money. Its a fight fire with fire game. Just be nice about it. LOL! :laugh:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.