Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Increased pax demand  (Read 3413 times)

knutm1980

• Former member
Increased pax demand
« on: March 27, 2010, 11:09:15 AM »
Just curious, had a saturday morning review of my existing flights and potential new routes. I do this occasionally, but I am quite certain I have jus spotted some new openings where pax demand has jumped significantly and consitute in their own right new routes to be opened for profitable operation. Anyone else spotted this or am I just making this up as I go along? I'm talking about short/medium haul routes where pax demand was under 100 per day but are now hovering towards 120+ a day, meaning a small airbus could do a nice job.

Kontio

• Former member
Re: Increased pax demand
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 11:19:30 AM »
There is slight increase in demand over time. Also, if you try looking at the demand estimates multile times you will see that the figures change from one time to another.

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »
I realize this, but this increase has happened in the past few days or so. I have opened up routesto a few countries in Europe recently and sort of maxed out profitable routes to them..but as of today, a few more routes in these countries are now up to a viable demand as well.

Anyway, it's all good news. My virutal carbon footprint will increase drastically in the next week or so! If I can just get enough aircraft.  ;D

nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:58:09 AM »
The same thing happened to me. At first I thought it was airlines going  bankrupt but the actual numbers are up 20-30%

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 01:05:40 PM »
This is quite interesting..Was there a big travel boom in the late 20th century? Well..it appears so.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
From this website:  http://www.statistics.gov.uk/STATBASE/ssdataset.asp?vlnk=7249 you can see the UK's growth, which pretty much follows the world's trends in aviation.

You can download an excel spreadsheet of how the UKs passenger figures have risen between 1952-2002 and the graph produced is below.  Interestingly, the oil crisis, Gulf War and 9/11 are all very noticeable by the flats on the graph.  The world version of this is what AWS is roughly based on, although Sami has said he tweaks things here and there, but it pretty much explains why your pax figures continue to rise.  Over-supplying a route also induces demand a little too.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:58:26 PM by Daveos »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.