Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Caledonian Intercontinental  (Read 3743 times)

• Former member
Re: Caledonian Intercontinental
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 01:22:18 AM »
It doesn't mind, but I still don't get why you have converted your Frankfurt- Izmir flight into a Frankfurt- Izmir- Madrid flight? Is that route so important for you, that you have started it while two airlines (Lloyd Airlines and me) already flew it?

didn't convert anything. I had a single route and added another with the second leg, and honestly can't tell you if I was flying it before the other companies or later.

About the importance of the routes... why companies fly the routes?

As a good example, take a look at the route EGLL-KJFK. Why there are 8 companies in Jet Age flying that route and you don't see a forum thread with someone complaining or claiming the route owning or asking why the fourth to eight companies started flying it?

Do you see in real life, for example, British Airways suing Iberia because they are flying a route from london to rome? I really still don't get why people come to AWS because it's so realistic but after a while start wanting just half of the realism or a realism adjusted to the conveniences. I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the general feeling every time that someone appears complaining about "his" routes that he was flying before, etc. Just imagine a world where companies couldn't fly a route because another company was there before.

This is a airline management simulation, not a land conquer game.

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 04:52:40 AM »
To Carlos Carlos

I feel it appropriate to introduce you to the rest of the readers, as they cannot view you in this game.  Carlos carlos. of Air Atlantic, is a character who did exactly the same as Frankfurter did to me later in the game, he plows into your route with an overload and makes it totally unviable, birds of a feather flock together I suppose!..........I am not saying it against the rules, maybe it is, but it sure is ungamesmenly -"in my eyes".

Strange we find you here, stating you had no time for JA, but you have time to read JA's forums and post replies, I will tell you why you left JA, you never got your orders in intime for the 1970 big jets and realised you would be swolled up in the masses!!

Carlos carlos you really dont have a window into JA, so please tell me how you know whats going on, just by reading the  JA bickering forum is not enough!!

Yes! to ask sami to clear me of an allegation of coniving against someone, is totally in line, if someone levelled an allegation at you of plotting with others, the only way to clear it is through the administrator.

I hope to see you in another game soon, we will level the playing field as gentlemen online - as I know your tactics now, and actually look forward to it!!

Have a nice day

Aahz the Pervect

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 06:57:43 AM »
I am not saying it against the rules, maybe it is, but it sure is ungamesmenly -"in my eyes".

say what?  So you think that once a routes demand has been 'filled', no one else should ever put more seats on that route? Are you familiar with the terms 'Capitalism' or 'Competition' ?

In my opinion, saying 'maybe it is and maybe it isn't' is a passive aggressive cop-out for peeps who have no logical argument or proof. Maybe you like having sex with kittens.....and maybe you don't. I have absolutely no proof, but you know...maybe? I never said you did for sure. But now everyone will wonder, no? So goal achieved.

Many players have attempted to explain that simply putting seats on a route that is already at demand is not against the rules. There has to be an extreme case of one company putting  ~200% supply on a route all by themselves, as I understand it. This is not 'First Come, First Served Air Sim'. Please either state exactly what you consider against the rules and ask for a judgment, or refrain from casting unfounded suppositions against a players character.

If you have a problem with the rules, as they are enforced, you would be much better off discussing them objectively rather then subjectively attacking anyone who does something you don't like. They are playing by the rules set forth. Attacking them with words will not make it suddenly against the rules.

Finally, this thread has been up for over 5 days now. As shown by the immediate action taken by Sami in this thread (,19414.0.html), if there had been a hint of "against the rules, maybe it is" - A judgment would have already been rendered. End of issue.

Edit - Oh yeah....."Have a Great Day!!"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:02:24 AM by Aahz the Pervect »

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »

What are you on about  "sex with kittens"......maybe you should go see a doctor, sounds bit strange to me.

Yes i think this thred is over, totally getting out of hand and perverted now!

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 10:10:50 AM »
jumbo Mouse, let's get one thing clear. Assuming that a route is yours, because you're flying it prior than other companies, is a rule made by you. Just like the rest of the gentleman code, fair competition and good neighborhood that you've been describing subjectively in your arguments. According to your concept, I should be writing complaining press releases and menacing personal messages to a few players who started flying a great number of routes that I was already flying, no matter if are direct routes from my base or from their bases. Right?

For the way to compete in a given scenario, it's all defined in AWS rules and that's it what really counts.

Since the beginning of this false problem that I've wondering what would be your reaction if a new player sets up his company in Seoul Incheon   RKSI and starts flying the route RKSI-EDDF, exactly the same thing as EDDF-RKSI. I've been wondering if you would also write the same press release and send to that player the same menacing personal message. My guess is no, you wouldn't do it. That makes me suspect that your real problem is not the routes being flown by other companies, in general.

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 11:22:02 AM »
here we go again, and to finish my participation on this thread, purelly because you are not worth the time i need to use to reply to your acusations.

when you mention you have the need to introduce me to the resto of the pall...wrong...purely i had been around for nearly a year before you decided to land from outer space making acusations to other players....and my self!

to start im not a character as you call me, i am a player who run my company at a given time, using my game resourses and my personal time to do it!
you insist that because u got to a route first you own it...wrong...and sooner or later you will realize it. you clearly state i use the same tactics as Frankfurter, well, i can assure you you did not saw a airline based at Ams at any time flying 2nd legs...which are not forbiden, at least while i was in the game. you only shared a route with me, being ams-lhr, where you had a little frequency using 10% of the demand. you had no 2nd legs out of ams, not tha i remember of, but if being the case, maybe the other airline based at ams, could check that.

now the funny bit..haha
where you state i never got my orders right...what makes you say that, because you were buying all off the TU114 i ordered with a purpose at their max price!? haha
i only stayed longer in the game to help a fellow collegue, who i had made an agreement right from the beginning of the game. therefore id like you not to make not realistic assumptions.

as for a gents game...clearly dont know how far would you go in one...because obviously a gent doesnt make unfunded accusations/allegations.

and as i said, at the beginning of the post, dont expect a reply for time is to precious to be used with you! not being rude, but until you change your way of thinking and acting you wont ear from me! you all in the ja, have a fun game!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:25:01 AM by carloscarlos »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
Ahem... Now it seems it is time to calm down. This thread does not seem to go anywhere anymore so it'll be locked.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.