Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft maintenance  (Read 891 times)

harry131

• Former member
Aircraft maintenance
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:11:58 AM »
Hi

The cost for maintenance has lately been 5 times the cost of my A checks. This has been the case for the last 3 weeks. There was no Bcheck done during this period. Why is this the case.. My aircraft are in Late 80's or 90's condition

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Aircraft maintenance
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 03:38:34 AM »
There's a maintenance cost to maintain your fleet aside from the cost of the Checks. 

Check your "Fleet Commonality" page.  That'll outline our your normal maintenance costs for your fleet and engines.

harry131

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:04 AM »
Two new things learned today:

- Russian planes cost a LOT for maintenance

- Try to keep similar planes.

I started it up with three planes, all different.. Now I gotta sit around and wait to get my income into positive...

Another question, Is is normal to have a -ve income for a few months after starting up? (while the LF goes up)

This is my second try (declared bankruptcy one) and I have ended up in the same situation again.. Any pointers...

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:35:32 AM »
well.. i don't think this is really normal.. You should have a huge money loss in the first week because the leasing, you pay 3 months in advance.. so you have a huge loss... But then, if you choose your routes carefully, you should notice your income increasing.. sometimes your income is bellow 0, but it should increase during the weeks.. and then turn green..

If you are having losses, but they are decreasing, then wait a little more...

But if they keep decreasing, there is something wrong..

reasons may be:

- you have old aircraft with huge maintenance costs..
- your route has too much available seats (others players flying this route) than the demand..
- your prices are too high and the passengers just don't fly with you.. Try lowering your prices by 20% or 30% untill your LF gets high.. then you may increase the prices slowly.. If the load factor decreases again, then you lower the price again.. like 10%...

- try to lower the CEO's salary (this is you.. you don't need to pay yourself)

ban2

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »
on leaseing it is 4 months advance payment.

you've got it spot on, russian is expensive and while your airline is young i would use 1 fleet type to start, i normally keep 1 fleet type till at least 10 of that type then i start a second fleet type.

normally things don't start making cash till about 6 months this is down to route image and company image really kicking in.

marketing and lots of, don't be shy! i usually start off with papers and billboards on everything and if i have a route with high pax demand i'll spend more to get my route image up quickly. Higher the route image better %LF you'll have=more money.

well i hope this has helped, good luck ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.