Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Boeing 757  (Read 1470 times)

• Former member
Boeing 757
« on: February 27, 2010, 03:47:17 AM »

I am having some profit (bellow a million but i'll get there one day) and i am getting really happy with the B757-300.

But i use them only for domestic routes. I try to use them in the longest domestic routes i can create, like DFW to Hawaii..

Is that a good move? Or i should use the B737-800, wich burn less fuel? I have both 757 and 737, but the 757 routes are far more profitable than the 737 routes...

This sounds like a "bumerangue" question, but i was reading a topic about 777 bleeding money, and they said about the high fuel prices, that smaller AC with lower fuel burn would me more profitable than wide bodies.. but the 757 has a medium fuel burn and a much higher capacity than the 737-800...

Any advices ? :)

Offline pascaly

• Members
Re: Boeing 757
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »

757s are the best plane I've operated.  They costs about the same rpk as the 737 (400 and NG) but carry up to 50% more seats, so you save on route fees etc.  Plus, their leases is around the same as a new 738/739.

They're a great plane.  I love them, they're great for domestic, hi LF routes, plus have the range and seats for good, middle distance, like your Hawaii or US to Europe with a decent pax load.  Plus you don't have the high costs (staff, leases etc) of a big widebody (A332/762).  You might find them a little small on some routes, but you're better off having a full small plane than an empty big one.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Boeing 757
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
757 is the largest narrow-body plane there is.  It is the backbone of my fleet as it can seat 279 (Y maxed), has a good range (3000 nm), and low fuel burn per pax.  The runway requirements make it a plane you can fly into basically any airport as well.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.