Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 689 times)

• Former member
What am I doing wrong?
« on: February 26, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »
What am I doing wrong??

All of the routes I am flying are infested with this problem. I am offering less seats than demand, in most cases I have reduced my pricing.. But my load is still very very low... in 30's or 40's everywhere. I am marketing on many routes, I am marketing across the continent also. My delays are not high (green).
Where am I going wrong.... How do I get these numbers up?

p.s.: I though playing in Asia will be cooler, but the number of passengers is so much less than North America or Europe. (Yes, its my first game :P not counting the demo)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:54:53 PM by harry131 »

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 11:51:11 PM »
You're not doing anything wrong :)

Your airline is only a month old and it takes time for them to be aware of the routes and your airline.  Once your CI builds up and your airline gains a good reputation then more passengers will fly with you.

It was deemed unrealistic to have 100% loads straight away, even with higher demand than seats offered.  The seating you offer affects the loads a bit too.  The aircraft come with HD seating initially and it's virtually impossible to fill an aircraft with HD seating when your CI is low.  If you have STD seating then the loads will go higher, but in either case it just takes time - maybe between 3-6 months depending on how aggressive you rmarketing is.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 11:56:18 PM »
hmmmm!!. The demo was too easy then :P

How bad is it to keep the HD seating??

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »
I didn't realise the settings were different there  :-\

I started this game and forgot to change my smaller/medium aircraft to STD seating, which left me a fair bit behind my main competitors for a while.  (The larger aircraft have STD seating, I forgot to say that in the last post.) I'd try and change as soon as you can, but when your airline is young, changing the config takes quite a big chunk out of your cash.  I guess it depends if you have competition on the routes with you.  Pax will always prefer the better seats, but if there's no competition then you could still run an HD seating-aircraft 75% full and make as much as a STD seating-aircraft.  A balancing-act I suppose.

Hope that helps a little
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:09:47 AM by Daveos »

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 03:20:51 AM »
And just so you know: your route image automatically climbs to 100 with time. You'll see your LF's go up proportionally with the route image. You can advertise the route to speed up the process, but I often think that it's more cost effective to just wait and watch as it goes up by itself, unless it's a big route and the opportunity cost of lower LFs in the short term is greater than the cost of advertising to speed up the increase in RI.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.