Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: When is the right time to start exploring the 'Alliance' factor...  (Read 1048 times)

Aahz the Pervect

• Former member
Admittedly I jumped right into this scenario after only playing in the demo game for a few days, so I am sorta learning most of the middle/advanced stuff as I go here :)

Can't find anything on 'Alliances' in the manual (did I scan too fast?) - so what little I know about it is from bits and pieces in the forum. Is there an approximate size/profitability one should reach before exploring Alliances?

From what I gather you pay a weekly fee for the privilege, but your load factors are increased automatically?

I've got a stable (knock on wood) Airline out of Tampa (USA) w/13 aircraft (only 2 owned atm) and just ordered my first Jet last night. CI is hovering around 52 atm.

Am I a potential candidate to join an Alliance, or should I wait and grow some more first?

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
Re: When is the right time to start exploring the 'Alliance' factor...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
To join an allaince you have to be 6 game months old with a fleet size of 10 aircraft (if my memeory serves me well).  Once your at thais stage joining an allaince is fairly easysome will advertise they are looking for members so you can apply to join normally by sending a PM or others are by invite only when they may be looking at a certain criteria, but there is always no harm in PM ing a managing member of an allaince that is by invite only. Also your l/f will increase not sure by how much but it does help  and so long as your proftiable and are doing well I see no harm in you joining an allaince now rather than waiting  ;)

Hope this helps  :)

Aahz the Pervect

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 08:44:57 PM »
Apprec the info ukatlantic! Guess I qualify, time to start researching for my best fit.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:59:41 PM »
To join an existing alliance there is no fleet size requirement, just a 6 game month age requirement.

I suggest joining the Owl alliance :-)

Aahz the Pervect

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
Okay, feeling a bit dorkish here....but

I found good info in the 'alliance' tab, but it links the Manual for more info....and I seem to be blind when it comes to finding that 'more info' in the manual.

The 'Rating' score for alliances....what is that a rating of? Is that a modifier to your Marketing effort?

Thanks for your patience....

Edit - The ".06%" fee (for example), Just double checking that the format is the same I use here in accounting where .6% of Ticket Income = .006 * Ticket Income, correct?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 05:57:35 PM by Aahz the Pervect »

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 09:01:18 PM »
Okay, feeling a bit dorkish here....but

I found good info in the 'alliance' tab, but it links the Manual for more info....and I seem to be blind when it comes to finding that 'more info' in the manual.

The 'Rating' score for alliances....what is that a rating of? Is that a modifier to your Marketing effort?

Thanks for your patience....

Edit - The ".06%" fee (for example), Just double checking that the format is the same I use here in accounting where .6% of Ticket Income = .006 * Ticket Income, correct?

I think the manual is still a bit incomplete.

The rating score is simply how effective the alliance is at increasing traffic for its member airlines.  So I guess you could say that it's sort of an extension to your own marketing.  I don't think anybody knows exactly what it does for your load factors. (could be wrong, though)

And yes, a .06% fee translates to .006 monthly ticket income.

Hope this helps :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.