Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Well...  (Read 4525 times)

Jake43

• Former member
Well...
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
It's been fun playing with everyone! Probably the most enjoyable game I have played. Lets hope sami starts another 1 or 1.5 month "Early Birds" game in the near future before v1.2. What did everyone else think?

Offline TK1244

• Members
Re: Well...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:24:46 PM »
Yes, It was really enjoyable to play in the early days. With the Jet Age active, I don't know if there will be another "Early Birds" game within a month time, but it would be great to have one. :D
TK Regional

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
I'd prefer a longer game. Lost interest half way through as there was no point replacing planes for the sake of 1-2 years. 

Otherwise, was good  :)

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »
I'd prefer a longer game. Lost interest half way through as there was no point replacing planes for the sake of 1-2 years. 

Otherwise, was good  :)

Maybe if there wasn't a specified finish date, that could make things interesting...

Jake43

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:44:38 AM »
Maybe if there wasn't a specified finish date, that could make things interesting...
Now that is an interesting idea that I like.

jchaves

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »
I really enjoyed this test short version.
Agree that a serious scenario has to be much longer, would be interesting to play it till the time of The Jet Age beginning, but including the missing aircrafts/manufacturers, not only Lockheed and their Constellation, Super Constellation and Electra, but also the flying boats used to intercontinental flights, like the Catalina civil versions, and the french Breguet aircrafts used to fly Europe/ North Africa, like the Breguet 763.

There's missing airport data too, it would be great to use Azores for tech stops between Europe and North America.

Offline rettir

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
I really enjoyed this test short version.
Agree that a serious scenario has to be much longer, would be interesting to play it till the time of The Jet Age beginning, but including the missing aircrafts/manufacturers, not only Lockheed and their Constellation, Super Constellation and Electra, but also the flying boats used to intercontinental flights, like the Catalina civil versions, and the french Breguet aircrafts used to fly Europe/ North Africa, like the Breguet 763.

Ditto!

highlander1715

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 12:07:55 AM »
I concur.

Most enjoyable - longer with all the types and if at all possible the flying boats - although the coding of all the seaplane bases would be a big task for an already very busy Sami.

The aircraft types might be cheatable by doing optional engines (eg a Canadair Northstar is a DC4 with Rolls Royce Merlin Engines, a DC6 nose and pressurization) would work if you were not doing the flying boats otherwise Canadair also build a version of the Consolidated PBY. 

Would also like to see the Handley Page Hastings, Hermes certainly mks II and IV and Marathon and if we were going a little earlier the Avros Lancastrian, Tudor and York, the tri-motors Ford and Junckers (with Fokker variant) that flew well into the 50s.  Oh and if we are talking French the Sud-Est Armagnac 2010 perhaps our players could make a profit with it something its operator never did and the Breguet 761/763/765 Deux Ponts.

Looking forward to the longer version in due course,

Kind regards,  Graham

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.