Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft rental  (Read 979 times)

Kirk

• Former member
Aircraft rental
« on: February 21, 2010, 10:09:04 AM »
Hey,
I am at Sao Paulo - Congonhas (SBSP) which has a really short runway (1940 m) and I was wondering if its possible to buy bigger aircraft with longer runway requirements and lease them out to other players? Is that even profitable?

Kirk
Brazil Airlines

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Aircraft rental
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »
Hey,
I am at Sao Paulo - Congonhas (SBSP) which has a really short runway (1940 m) and I was wondering if its possible to buy bigger aircraft with longer runway requirements and lease them out to other players? Is that even profitable?

Kirk
Brazil Airlines

Sure it can be done, lots of players do it.

Whether it's profitable or not depends on what you're buying and whether or not you can keep it leased out most of the time.

Make sure you buy planes that are in high-demand is the main thing.  Get yourself into a model that has a long queue and people will buy/lease your planes rather than waiting years and years for one to be produced for them.

Or you can avoid the possibility of maybe having a hard time keeping it leased out by buying them and selling them outright.  If you can buy in large quantities you can get yourself a good discount.  And people will pay a Premium for a model on the market if it's got a long wait for new ones from the manufacturer.  Combine your discount up-front for buying in large quantities along with a nice premium on the market for not having to wait, and you can easily make a 30-40% margin on a plane.  When planes cost $100-200M each, making a cool 30% profit can add up to a lot of money.

Or lease it out for a few years, they'll often get returned after 6-8 years when they're due for a D-Check, then do the maintenance and sell it outright on the market.  That can add up to even more profit, as 6+ years of lease income will more than pay for the plane and you can sell it for what it's worth all over again; you can get what you paid into it a couple times over.  Big money.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:35:12 AM by Sigma »

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:11:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing this info, Sigma. I have a question regarding leasing, if you dont mind me asking :). If you leased out a whole fleet group to an airline, would that still count against your fleet commonality, you as a leaser, even though you aren't flying that fleet anymore and you aren't paying the maintenance checks

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:15:18 PM »
I think that not only does it not count against fleet commonality when it's being leased, I don't think it counts when it's on the market to be sold or leased either. I'm not sure about this though. Someone will correct me. Another thing to keep in mind if you're doing that is to turn auto-staffing off so it doesn't hire new staff that you need to fire each time a new aircraft is delivered.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
It does not count towards fleet commonality when it is on th emarket or leased out

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Thank you all

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 06:38:38 PM »
you CAN land those planes at your home airport but with significantly reduced payload.

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »
I believe there's a 767 ER that's just designed for that runway length, but it might come out too late for you...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.