Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help me getting started, all the great players here :)  (Read 2207 times)

Intertint

• Former member
Help me getting started, all the great players here :)
« on: February 20, 2010, 04:53:10 PM »
Hello!

My name is Tom. I play AirwaySim for about 1.5 week now, and it's also my first airline game.
I got 2 aircrafts: The A319 and the F50, and I'm only losing money!

Now my question.. How can someone/I EVER (EVER!) get like 30 A330's, or 10 A380's (which is my goal)!
I think this game is very hard, because I don't understand it very well.

My hub is based at Kansai Intl (RJBB). I'm only making profit with the A319 from RJBB to ZSPD, which is only ~1000$.

So, please, could someone give me some idea's, or if I am playing this really really really wrong, give me some
instructions how to get my Airbus A380?

First I was thinking I only lose money because I only play this for a week yet.

Thanks very very very much in advance ! :D

Kontio

• Former member
Re: Help me getting started, all the great players here :)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 05:00:36 PM »
There is an excellent beginner's guide posted here on the forum, check it out if you haven't already. The first tip that comes to mind reading your post is that it is really important to understand the concept of fleet commonality. Stick to one fleet type at first in order to keep the costs down.

Intertint

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:03:53 PM »
Thanks Kontio for your fast reply :)

I am going to search for the guide now!
If someone has some other things to say 2 me, feel free  ;D

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »
ok. here's what you do. you base at either Taipei Songshan or Kaohsiung in Taiwan, then you get aircraft like the MD80 or MD90, and you fly only domestic if you're out of TSA, and only fly international from KHH (I suggest starting with Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, Soeul ICH/GMP, Tokyo, Osaka, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Guangzhou, Ho Chi Minh City, Shanghai, Manila, Jakarta or Bangkok right away as those will be taken by airlines based there in the future, and there is decent demand so it'll get you some cash....) until you have gotten all the big airports in Asia (within your close proximity anyway). Then when you have enough money to buy, say, 5 MD90s/MD80s, you do that (lease of course) and fly them strictly for domestic flights. there is a good trick when doing domestic flights in Taiwan that will save lots of planning time, get your CI and RI image up, and will save a whole lot of money for you.....and that you will have to pm me for as it is a "secret recipe" of mine. ;D once you've done that, start flying connecting routes from KHH inside taiwan to completely serve Taiwan, and try and get as much of the KHH-TSA demand as there is 4000 of it! :o anyhow, once you've done that, grab some more MD90s (i suggest the MD-90-30ER for longer routes and the MD-90-30 for shorter ones-it will save you money) and fly it on longer, but smaller demanding routes like Brunei, Cebu, Bali (i think), Nagoya, Guam, Ha Noi Bai, Fukuoka, Dhaka Zia (Bangladesh), Phuket, Phnom Penh, Sapporo, Siem Reap and some places in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakstan and Iran......don't bother with the Middle East, as there is no demand to there.......

for the further ones (aka Asia Minor [India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc.]), you should use B737-500s or A318s......shoot for smaller ones and set the seating for 90.

that sound good? ;)

Intertint

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »
Let's get started :D

Thank you my friend ;)

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 09:24:44 PM »
Let's get started :D

Thank you my friend ;)

any questions just pm me. ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 12:36:03 AM »
Looking at your airline, you've made some bad choices but still not awfully bad.

* 3 fleet types, 3 planes. Very bad ... Stick to ONE fleet type until you have 5-10 planes.

* Quite old planes, the A320 is already 21yrs old. Expensive to maintain.

* Loose scheduling. You could pack the schedules a bit more tighter to allow perhaps one extra flight per day for each plane, thus more revenue.

* Some of the routes are running with very low seat sales, consider replacing them with other routes asap.

* Try lowering your prices about 20% to gain more pax until you reach higher company image levels. Some of your routes are not getting enough people onboard.

Intertint

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
I am currently playing with the suggested ways at Begginers World #5. It works like hell :D
Name: Taiwan International Airlines

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.