Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Changing aircraft and no longer need the intermediate stop  (Read 699 times)

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
Changing aircraft and no longer need the intermediate stop
« on: February 20, 2010, 10:02:26 AM »
Hi

It happens on many occasions, to get to a final destination, one need a gas stop or middle route to tie over for range, but when one gets new aircraft, which have the range, how can we get rid of the middle leg and go direct without changing the route and created flt, as I have cancelled a route like this, opened an exact other one with no stop, only to find that the slots are gone, and the slots i dropped never re-appeared!!!!

This need to be fixed urgently.

On the slots, I have cancelled flights to open new flight with the slots I open up, and immediatly that slot is gone, thats impossible!

Jm

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Changing aircraft and no longer need the intermediate stop
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
Currently it is not possible to remove only the techstop/second destination - route has to be remade.

However you do NOT lose the slot if you uncheck the 'release slot' option at the route closure page. This is not available though if you use the quick checkbox closure, press the red X instead.

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 10:48:16 PM »
Your route image doesn't dissapear when you close a route. Also, as Sami stated above, you can close the route while saving the slots. Then, just open route again, but this time without the tech-stop.

Regards!

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:30:13 PM »
If you close a route the slot is not "gone" unless, as sami stated, you you left the "Release Slot to Public Pool" checkbox that shows up.  And even if you did it's not "gone" it's just available for someone to steal right away.

However, when you cancel a route, even if you keep the route to yourself, sometimes that slot will move slightly.  If you go to recreate the route without the tech-stop and find that there's no slots available at the time of the route you just cancelled, just move the depart time +-5 minutes.  Because of the way the game handles slots in 15-minute increments, sometimes when you cancel a flight that departed at 8:10am, you'll have to depart its' "replacement" flight at 8:05am in order to find the slot.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.