Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Airplane order  (Read 2002 times)

Dashek

• Former member
New Airplane order
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »
Hi Sami and friends,

in this game I have - for the first time :-)  - a chance to actually order NEW aircraft.   As a request - possibly already posted elsewhere - could you build in an option to specify a delivery date?   It sometimes would be an advantage to delay the deliveries to a certain date, possibly laying behind the auto delivery date.   ideally clicking delivery slots?

Q:  What happens with the delivery positions from cancelled orders?   Is everybody else moved up the line, or are they just lost?   

Thanks
Marcus

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: New Airplane order
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »
As of now, you can not specify a delivery date.   It has been asked for in the features page so Sami knows.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 12:19:05 AM »

Q:  What happens with the delivery positions from cancelled orders?   Is everybody else moved up the line, or are they just lost?  

Someone can actually "cut" in line when this happens.

That's one of the dangers of placing very large orders.  Yours orders will automatically be spaced out every X number of days (depending on production rate) and you can never take delivery of any future orders anywhere before the last date of any previous orders (of that fleet group).  So any future orders will always be delivered after an existing order even if there are plenty of openings in the queue before that.

So, place a large order, have the queue fill up and then you'll feel pretty good about it.  But as the game goes on and people bankrupt an awful lot of holes in the queue can open up that you can never take advantage of.  But other people can.  I've gotten dozens and dozens of very popular planes this way.  While those who place larger orders paid less per plane than I did due to their volume discounts, by ordering one or two at a time as openings in queues show up, I can take delivery of many more planes that I would otherwise have had to wait years for at the true "end" of the line.

Dashek

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »
O.k., I get your point.   I have seen 707 delivery positions open up that way, but they are marked as "cancelled orders" so it appeared as if I wouldnt be able to "fill in".   So I understand, I actually would "fill in" if placing a order when spotting such oportunities.   

Alright, thanks. 

Marcus

Offline lastchancer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
O.k., I get your point.   I have seen 707 delivery positions open up that way, but they are marked as "cancelled orders" so it appeared as if I wouldnt be able to "fill in".   So I understand, I actually would "fill in" if placing a order when spotting such oportunities.  

Alright, thanks.  

Marcus

As far as I am concerned, the "canceled orders"position are not filled out by others. These aircraft will be delivered directly to the used aircraft market.
Right?! Somebody know it exactly?!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:22:55 PM by lastchancer »

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »
I believe they show "cancelled" when someone cancels an order but the opening is soon enough that no one can fill it in, as there's always a minimum order delay whether there's earlier openings or not.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »
I believe they show "cancelled" when someone cancels an order but the opening is soon enough that no one can fill it in, as there's always a minimum order delay whether there's earlier openings or not.

Sigma is 100% correct on this one.  If the cancellation was something like 9 months out, people behind would move up.

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 01:53:20 AM »

I think the cutoff date is for deliveries scheduled for 6 months (or less) from the date of cancellation?

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:55 AM »
Speaking of which, there's a Fokker F. 27 on the used market right now sold by the AI sellers  :o. It's practically brand new yet there's a decent wait list for the plane if you want to get it from the "new" market. I'm tempted to snap it up, but I don't really need it. I would imagine that it got there because of a canceled order that went straight to the second-hand market as you said. I bet it doesn't last long  ;D

Shane

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.