I was wondering if anything had been learned from the little outburst early on
But of course there were learnings...
Here are some:
- grow as fast as you can, from the very beginning.
- Get loans, buy everything on the market (but not below 50seats),
- book as much of those slots asap, as you'll never have the chance later on. The game will become boring sooner than you expect.
- expand! expand! expand! with 2-3 watchouts. the most important: forecast your fluctuations in earnings and expenditures.
For me it was impossible to kill myself even if i'd ve tried harder. I had more than 5 a/c types in the very beggining, invested in marketing, and reached 90 image, had like over 120 a/c.
My company accounted for 60% of MCO airport, both competing MCO airlines bankrupted instantly after game launch.
So..as a summary (though I said I'll stop comparing, I can see they are expected):
- reached 9th place in pax transported in few days after launch
- maintained 10th place all the time and was preparing for top5
- had ~60 fully booked a/c and ordered another 60 (that were landed at my garage later on)
- had +70 Mn cash (with no loans) and ~2Mn incremental every game week (considering, constant+85 company image)
- dominated base airport with +60% share (far less share in slots occupied)
- ... you name it ...AJK owned it!!!
By the time the other 60 a/c were delivered, I started to build additional routes, but. soon, decided it's not worth anymore to invest serious time (more 3-4 hours a day every week day) to build additional routes mainly because i had to designate routes day by day searching for the right hour to spot a free slot.
With no threat at all, nothing to optimise, nothing to conquer, no real leverages to push other airlines in bankruptcy... nothing to do at all besides spending hours to spot a slot... got a bit boring.
One more thing about learnings (btw, AJK maintained allthe time the 10th position...by far the highest rank of any other advice givers in this topic). The most important drawback i had was i decided to discharge my 6 a/c type fleet and keep only2 types of brand new planes.