Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Mmmmm not really fair...  (Read 10931 times)

Pike

• Former member
Re: Mmmmm not really fair...
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 03:08:23 AM »
Follow up to my post about availability of aircraft....

Love that you can only lease 3 aircraft a day now, nice touch.  And indeed, the population of aircraft in the used market seems to be getting
better.

Perfect or not, this is a fun simulation no doubt about it.

0zlw

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:05 AM »
Well that was an interesting discussion to read...

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 05:34:57 PM »
guys, thank you for your replies.

I'll state these clear:
- it was foolish from me to say that is an infantile simulation (far from being true, ..far from perfection)
- my first post was highly disrespectful regarding admins work. truly apologize for that.

Nevertheless, reading the last 2 replies, just make it clear for me that we have significantly different points of view regarding online business simulations, so I wont continue this discussion anymore.

Dave, I'll enjoy it patiently :)

:)  Remorse is a fine quality in people, so I appreciate that and I'm sure Sami will too.  I fully acknowledge that at times it can become very frustrating - my new airline in The Jet Age is a quivering lump at the moment and I'm really struggling  :-\

I guess part of the game that maybe divides opinion is the financial/sales/marketing/targets aspect in relation to the aircraft side of things, which you allude to in your aggregating comments.  The simplistic nature of loans, the bank and analysing pax figures is great for me, as my background is from the aviation side of things.  To me aggregate is something used in construction  ;)  I'm not bothered about acheiving a target set by the game.  I enjoy the aspect that you can try and create your type of airline and envisage how it might actually look if it was real, whether that be an international monster of an airline or a tidy regional airline.

Anyway, you've got a huge reply from Sami :D

Enjoy :)

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 07:02:49 PM »
I will only agree in part to say that those airlines who get some early planes often are the ones who excel in-game.

I wouldn't say that's true. Just take whatever you can at the start. 25 y/o? so what. It'll be cheap and it'll make money..... at the start. Obviously you'll need to upgrade your fleet as the routes get filled, but I've flown pretty much anything for the first year just to get cash in the bank and new planes on order  :)

Misterfeep

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
I wouldn't say that's true. Just take whatever you can at the start. 25 y/o? so what. It'll be cheap and it'll make money..... at the start. Obviously you'll need to upgrade your fleet as the routes get filled, but I've flown pretty much anything for the first year just to get cash in the bank and new planes on order  :)

Which might even be considered realistic in that no too many investors would be willing to pour capital into a unproven start-up company in a competitive cutthroat industry.  I am thankful Sami was able to scrape 1.7 million together to get me started!  Like you, I'll fly what I can get my hands on if I can make some money and prove I can manage the company.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »

You just cant do that in this scenario.  Look at the Norweigian airlines that are getting killed with their huge fleets of CW planes

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

In Dawn of Millennium I tried this and grew up to a fleet of nearly 40 aircraft. Main workhorses of my fleet consisted of thirty Fokker F28 (with average age 10y) and five Fokker F27 (with average age 21y). Together with some F100 and F50, I grew really fast in just one year time after founding. All planes where filled nearly to max. capacity.
But I had to bankrupt my airlines when a gulf of C-checks started. I survived many F28 checks, but when the F27s C-checks also began to expire, I got into red. And when a big airline started to use my hub as his second (or third) hub using brand new aircraft, I fell even deeper into red. Since then, I'm trying to get new planes as soon as possible.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »
You just cant do that in this scenario.  Look at the Norweigian airlines that are getting killed with their huge fleets of CW planes

Excuse me?

I'm not getting killed! I'm doing just fine thank you. I may have a large fleet of nasty old aircraft, but they are doing just fine for the time being. Of course I have no intention of keeping them until the are 25 y/o, but they are making me enough cash to be able to start planning on a fleet replacement program.

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
@Hwoa...
buddy, i already payed, and repayed...that means that i'm willing to pay. I found this simulation interesting as a concept, but if i pay, even a small amount, I assume some quality standards. at least a progressive plan of improvements.
If this would've been free, my first post would sound like this: sami, thanks for the time dedicated here, u managed to build a quite fair simulation ...i was thinking for this idea/improvement....(got the idea ?)
now feel free to hate me :)

Even if you have to pay, if you want to see things improving, just tell it at a normal way and not in a harsh voice.
And btw, I don't hate you because of your comment, I just don't agree with your post. ;)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 11:24:23 PM »
Excuse me?

I'm not getting killed! I'm doing just fine thank you. I may have a large fleet of nasty old aircraft, but they are doing just fine for the time being. Of course I have no intention of keeping them until the are 25 y/o, but they are making me enough cash to be able to start planning on a fleet replacement program.

The other one... not you.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »
The other one... not you.

That's OK then :)

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 01:31:20 AM »
OK, since no one else has answered "SnowFallin's" complaint about the unmanageable popus when route planning; and yes Sami, you did try and give advice (which was good advice to be honest with ya'll ;D); I'll answer it for you. I don't know exactly what the circumstances are for you, but this is what I think is happening. You are probably setting A/C on a route that can't be serviced by it, setting prices that are stupid (not saying YOU are, but just bare with me) to say the least (like $500,000 for first class etc.), routing them on days when there aren't slots available, routing them on no days AT ALL, departing later than the airport is open until (ie. like in Taiwan: all airports close from around 10pm local to about 7am local time, and no flights can be landing or departing then), you routed a plane that has a schedule that is too full OR you put a route number that is already used by another flight for this particular flight (in general, no reference to a flight in particular). does that solve it? Also, eRepublik (for those who don't know about it) is a LIFE simulation game and a horrible one at that. Not to mention, it isn't even CLOSE to real life, while Airwaysim is getting closer by the minute. You can't buy houses, drive somewhere in a car, BUY OR LEASE A CAR FOR THAT MATTER, buy a bus ticket to somewhere, travel back and forth to your job (in which it most likely it is a gun-manufacturing company because everyone is so militaristic in that game), choose when you can sleep, have to wait a full day before you can work again, usually don't even have enough money at the start to buy food for a week and you loose health everyday if you don't eat (not even taking in to account that people go on holidays etc. and may be away for weeks at a time). You also cannot join the damn army until level 77 or something, and once you can you don't do much apart from fight is stupid wars (like Indonesia Vs. USA in the battle for WISCONSIN, or Russia Vs. Canada in the battle for NUNAVUT) in which you can do almost nothing because it COSTS health for each time you fight, and usually you end up doing it only once per DAY. Also, to do any real damage what-so-ever, you have to BUY a gun (and yes, that means that the US Army doesn't supply guns to fight for it's own turf >:() from the armory, and that generally costs double what you currently have, which is somewhere from $15-20 USD.....And then it becomes ridiculous. To move (which usually costs nothing if you're moving to a neighboring state, or even to one that hasn't already been claimed by Angola or Namibia or something) you have to FLY, and they charge somewhere in the range of 80 bucks to move from Montana, Indonesia to Alberta, Poland! Honestly, GET A GRIP OF YOURSELVES! >:( I just looked and Scotland and Delaware are owned by Canada, France is non-existent as Spain and Poland have taken them over, Germany has two regions that never belonged to them to begin with, Norway owns N/E England and Northern Ireland, the US owns 1/2 of what's left of the UK, and just attacked West Midlands. They also own the region that has Mumbai City in it (in India)...Greece owns two regions in Turkey and one in ISRAEL.....Serbia has a region that belongs to PAKISTAN; Hungary owns a region in China and whatever part of Mongolia that eRepublik bothered to put in; Russia just attacked N/W China and Tibet (Tibet was also a joint attack by the PHILIPPINES) and most of China is claimed by the Philippines. North Korea (or what's left of it) only owns it's Capital, Pyongyang; Argentina owns a region in South Africa; Brazil owns the region with Pretoria in it, and they also own the northern part of Venezuela; Columbia owns the western part of Venezuela by their border with them....aaaand Peru: North Brazil (which is a region) is owned by them. Does that just about explain why eRepublik is not a good life simulation?!?!?

Now, if you call eRepublik a good simulation of how good life could be: I suggest you rethink that crazy idea of yours. ;)

btw, I don't mean to come off sounding like and a-hole, but i'm sorry.....eRepublik just isn't a good simulation of life. ;)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 03:48:55 AM »
Excuse me?

How come you declared BK... Whats the story behind that?

Talentz

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 05:32:30 AM »

Talentz

I was just going to ask the same thing...  Did C Check start to arrive with its usual vengance?

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 10:44:09 AM »
Hi

The only guys who have big gripes about this game are 1 of 2 people, those that dont know how to play it, or dont put enough time and effort in.

I am thankful the market is not flooded with every type of aircraft, then it would be crazy an unreal.......

You can put a price of $10 on, when the average is $50, and still get a 25% lF, because your company image is low, your aircraft is falling apart, you operate a prop and the others operate jets, you operate at 3am in the morning and on and on.....

For those who dont like this game, cya..................I think its great

JM

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »

I was just going to ask the same thing...  Did C Check start to arrive with its usual vengance?

Haha I knew you'd ask that. It was for a couple of reasons actually. Mainly I just hadn't considered at the start of the game just how far that start up cash would stretch; I assumed that ordering a bunch of new aircraft wasn't an option which of course it actually is. Also, my plan was to use the old CW fleet until I could replace them with F27's which I'd already started to order. But, I then realised that because CW's are small aircraft and F27's medium, I was going to have to fire all my pilots at some point which meant I'd wasted millions on marketing by that point. C checks would have been costly, but I already had a plan to avoid most of them by ending the leases early which would have cost almost nothing in comparison.

All in all, I took the easy option and decided so early in the game I may as well start from scratch.

Misterfeep

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »
Look at Star Air in Rome.  :o

MunMaRu

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »
He has a lot of DC-6  :o

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »

Am not in this JA so not sure exactly what variables like the fuel price are like, but has worked for me in the last JA game I played  :)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »
Jonesy, both airlines that did that in Oslo are now gone. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.