Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Some airlines have 2 aircraft on order?  (Read 2098 times)

was1984

• Former member
Some airlines have 2 aircraft on order?
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
Is this a bug?  It usually seems like its one older plane and 1 new plane in the queue.  I can't do this myself, and that seems quite unfair.  The queues are already stacking up.

Offline Teemu

• Members
Re: Some airlines have 2 aircraft on order?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »
I got two planes on in use and one coming in after two weeks. There is limit to lease/buy 2 planes at the start.

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:32:27 PM »
That's not what I'm talking about.  I also have 2 planes.  There are some people with 3 (e.g. 1 in use, and 2 on order).  Check for yourself.

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 04:36:43 PM »
Yes I know that. Some players have opted to get new planes so they can make 2 orders of planes. Since the order is for a new plane you can specify the numbers of the aircrafts. Do note that they don't get them ASAP and the queue system is distributing the planes to wider delivery time table. So if I would liked I would now have few DC-9's on order and one DC-7 in use but I didn't want to do that at first.   

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
The very first airline in "Fleets of other airlines" has a 707 on order as well as a 727.  How are they doing that?

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »
The very first airline in "Fleets of other airlines" has a 707 on order as well as a 727.  How are they doing that?

Leasing and getting loans to fund it ...

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 04:56:44 PM »
That wasn't my point.  My point was, how are they able to lease two different types of planes on the first day?  I understand that you can lease more than one new plane at once, but it has to be the same plane.  I can't go in and lease a new plane right now, because I already have a plane on order.

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:01:55 PM »
To clarify, they have 3 total planes, one currently owned, and 2 different ones on order.

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »
As far as I can make out there is one player that has 3 different types on order. now that is a bug...

Hachiko

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 06:45:18 PM »
One FRA based airliner has a order of 5 new aircrafts, that is, player will wait for them to be delivered.

ff henderson

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »
One FRA based airliner has a order of 5 new aircrafts, that is, player will wait for them to be delivered.
One base at Algiers - Houari Bournediene has 10 aircraft on order :-\ and yet the rules say ''This is the first day of the game and according to the rules you can only place two orders during the first day and you have already done this. You cannot buy/order any more aircraft until the simulation time starts and day changes.''
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:25:41 PM by ff henderson »

was1984

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »
I don't have a problem with placing an order for 10 aircraft that wont arrive for some time.  I'm referring to the few (more than one) airlines that have 3 separate orders right now.

We can make 2 orders, and for new aircraft those orders can have more than one plane.  There are some airlines (7 Airway, Air Kolmorgen, and maybe more) that have placed 3 orders already.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 08:06:47 PM »
you are allowed to make two orders. That can be for 10 new planes and one used if you wish. The restrictiom is only there to leave enough used planes for everyone. In practise it does not make any difference to airline starting situation as the clock is not running yet and once it is everyone can order more..

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
Sami, how come then some players have 3 different aircraft types on oder?!

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 08:50:44 PM »
I too am a little confused.  In the past I have ordered more than 2 aircraft on the first day, with one order being for used aircraft and the second for new aircraft.

I have posted 2 screenshots:

The first I understand, as order 1 is the used aircraft in service and order 2 is for 2 new aircraft.

The second I do not understand, as order 1 is the aircraft in service, but order 2 is for 2 different fleet types.

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »
I too am a little confused.  In the past I have ordered more than 2 aircraft on the first day, with one order being for used aircraft and the second for new aircraft.

I have posted 2 screenshots:

The first I understand, as order 1 is the used aircraft in service and order 2 is for 2 new aircraft.

The second I do not understand, as order 1 is the aircraft in service, but order 2 is for 2 different fleet types.

Yeah I don't understand the second one either  ???

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 10:53:06 PM »
Can the 707 and 727 be ordered in the same window, like for example the ATR, you can order the 42-300,  42-320, 72-200 and 72-210 all at once. Maybe that is how it made it possible?

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 11:03:02 PM »
Can the 707 and 727 be ordered in the same window, like for example the ATR, you can order the 42-300,  42-320, 72-200 and 72-210 all at once. Maybe that is how it made it possible?

it should not be possible since they are too different types of AC

0zlw

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 04:08:23 AM »
Yeah I don't get how they can get the three different ones.

jchaves

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
you are allowed to make two orders. That can be for 10 new planes and one used if you wish. The restrictiom is only there to leave enough used planes for everyone. In practise it does not make any difference to airline starting situation as the clock is not running yet and once it is everyone can order more..

I think you didn't understand the real problem that is confusing a lot of players, Sami. I didn't too, the first time I read.

But it is a relevant question.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.