Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Breaking even  (Read 1272 times)

• Former member
Breaking even
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »
Hey, i've been playing the demo lately and i'm pretty sure i'll get into the full version very soon
and it seems like i've picked up the basics pretty fast but it seems like the income is coming in at a slow pace.

I have ideas for the reason such as staff, marketing and MX costs and i'm sure that having one less type of aircraft in my fleet would have helped.  :P

Any tips to help get an edge in the future would be appreciated.

P.S. awesome game Sami

• Former member
Re: Breaking even
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:49:17 AM »
fly connecting routes, and pick up passengers there. easiest way. ;)

what planes do you fly and where do you fly them to (and from of course). I might be able to help you out. :)

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »
I have a gaggle of airplanes including three 737's, two Fokker mk. 500's, a DC-9 and an Aerospatiale.
After i leased the DC-9 i realized how bloody much it cost for MX on em and i had the aerospatiale
which i was hoping could go to small airports and grab the few pax in them. They were all used since
I couldn't make enough income fast enough to lease a new one when i needed the routes.
Most of my routes are to some of then not as busy but still bustling airports and turning a little profit
with a few more into large ones like Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
here's what you do: if there is demand from airport XYZ to ABC (eg. EWR to CLT) of 150pax/day and you can fly that route with any aircraft from your fleet: choose the one closest to the demand (which would probably be the 737 in your case) and fly it there DAILY. then find another one and do the same until you have a relatively full schedule. Oh, and try to leave something like one hour between flights, it saves your @ss when the first flight is delayed an hour or so, so your new flight only departs 5-10 minutes late rather than 60-75 minutes late. And leave a long turnaround inbetween arrival and departure at your destination airport; again it saves your @ss when a flight is late. ;) basically just do that until all your planes are full with routes that are more demanding than the capacity of the AC, and you should see the money come through your doors in truckloads. ;) maintenance should be conducted on SAT or SUN, as your weekdays are the most demanding. (B-checks just put on a SAT and leave it, A-checks should have a lot of room [preferably an hour on either side] so that there is no delays for departure because of maintenance issues prior to departure. If you can, get rid of the smaller plane (Aerospatiale) and the DC-9 and replace them with a Fokker Mk. 500 and a 737 respectfully. save you a whole lot of money on maintenance, training costs and fleet commonality. ;)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:19:02 PM by ICEcold »

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 04:28:25 PM »
Awesome  will do

Appreciate it

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:29 PM »
One thing you should try to do is, lower your prices. I just did a PHL-ORD-EWR-PHL route and I automatically took 30 dollars off each route. I'm getting amazing profits too. Also just try to operate one type of aircraft, I'm operating 2 different kinds the 727 and the 737.

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »
As mentioned by everyone else, fleet commonality is extremely important.  Also, remember that any time that your airplane is sitting on the ground, it is losing money.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.