Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: slot fees  (Read 2529 times)

Offline jmorton

• Members
slot fees
« on: February 02, 2010, 05:26:20 AM »
Seems to me like the slot fees are disproportionately high compared to all the other costs... now, mind you I have done exactly no research on this, but that's my overall feeling. I can sign a new lease for cheaper than I can get airport slots..

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: slot fees
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:36:34 AM »
They're probably actually quite realistic.  Slot fees should be one of the largest expenses you've got and are far, far too low in other games.

That said, they are abnormally high in relation to other games.  They don't seem to have scaled well in overall dollars while everything else has.

I'd prefer they stay at this 'scale' personally and just be a lot higher in the later-era games than they are presently.

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »
They're probably actually quite realistic.  Slot fees should be one of the largest expenses you've got and are far, far too low in other games.

That said, they are abnormally high in relation to other games.  They don't seem to have scaled well in overall dollars while everything else has.

I'd prefer they stay at this 'scale' personally and just be a lot higher in the later-era games than they are presently.

I second that and actually there should be continuous payment for this. To be honest I am quite unhappy with all the economical system in the game (income/outcome/ticket price) and since I work on the airport for some time I am collecting real-life data on this, trying to make a full-scale feature request to make the game more realistic.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
The navigation fees, landing fees and such are all based on real-life data. (though they vary for every country and airport but they are not taken out of nowhere)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.