Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Marketing costs dramatically risen...  (Read 1558 times)

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
Marketing costs dramatically risen...
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »
Since the starts of the game, 2 forms of marketing newspaper & billboards, has from from $330, to over 2,400 for some routes or for new campaigns.

I know these increase n never as cheap as start, but not 8 x the cost..its more than some 55% max full planes earn in a week almost.
this would be helpful to adjust this so it was reasonable, & affordable for routes relatively new.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Marketing costs dramatically risen...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »
It depends on the number of routes you are running at a given time. 

At the start, you have a few routes.  This can be often exploited early by airlines that have one or two profitable routes.  They get their CI up really quickly.  Then, they expand very fast and dominate.

Offline debitants

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:25:33 PM »
It surprised me too. I know that marketing costs rises as new rotes come active, but it really suprised me, wen my weekly costs rocketed from 39k to more than 60 k. I dont remember, that such a rise was in other scenarious.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »
No, its a feature of this game only, no such variations in the other scenarios...
Even the most experienced successful players in the other games have not come across this they say...
Its an element of this game, like the Load factors not rising above 5% -ish for most players even on routes without competitors.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »
The marketing is exactly the same like in any other game world. It's most likely just a combination of rapid expansion and company growth with more routes that causes the costs to raise. (as mentioned, the marketing costs scale up with the company size - rather than having the player to start new campaigns all the time to get the CI up when the company gets bigger and bigger)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.