Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Was an Adjustment Made For Small Planes  (Read 1404 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
Was an Adjustment Made For Small Planes
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »
Hello:

I am making a pretty decent profit flying 30 seat DC3s with only as 60% LF. I was wondering was the long awaited adjustment for small planes made for this game? In previous games, there was no way one could be profitable running a 60% LF on a 30 seat plane.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Was an Adjustment Made For Small Planes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58:13 PM »
No, not really any changes. But since the g.year is to early the employer social fees on salaries are much smaller than in year 2000 for example. And that can have up to 20% diff on the total personnel cost.

Dumos

• Former member
Re: Was an Adjustment Made For Small Planes
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 08:21:14 AM »
Is it a good idea to model the LF somehow so that the smaller the aircraft easier to be to reach higher LF, or to be easier to fill the full plane capacity? Im flying "de Havilland DH.114 Heron1's" with 14-seat capacity i am starting routes with 30%+ LF, which in no way can make me money... this plane is extremely cheap to operate but still with 5-6 passengers on route there is no profit.. and then even if i wait few months to reach 60-80% it will have capacity filled of 10 passengers which still cant justify the time spent on waiting...

It could be good idea in this world setting, as the small aircrafts will become more interesting to be leased instead of everyone running for the DC3 or DC6's.

What i want to say is that it is not fair for beginner airlines with same CI to have same LF percentage per airplane they run. So having some leverage or incentive to use smaller crafts could be more playable solution for this game, otherwise it will be a boring game where 80% planes used will be DC3's.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:27:16 AM by Dumos »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.