Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Too short range & Capacity Planes  (Read 3064 times)

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
Too short range & Capacity Planes
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »
* Starting the game, used Planes market has only 30 seats + & a Very limited range of 150-250 miles.
New aircraft able to order but little cash for them, seat up to 100.
Some of these should be available on the used market to start. A fundamental strategy is whether to operate longer or shorter haul routes, with these aircraft.
You cant start this strategy in these circumstances.

* The start base should enable at least a large aircraft, or a few smaller to be purchased.
* My Airline map of routes, shows a route i dont run.
* I also have 50% capacity only whatever i do with marketing price n capacity on a route
*  There should be some possibility to change configuration even with 30 seats. It is not available on these small aircraft. This does not reflect the time period in reality.
Thanks

Yb

• Former member
Re: Too short range & Capacity Planes
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »
Actually as far as I know it does reflect the time quite well - have you ever flown DC3? There was no First class in that  ;) And at these times I doubt companies started with flying intercontinental flights. The time for those will come later on  :)

Online debitants

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »
About lage planes. Actually i think its real. I guess, that during the WW2, all plane manufacturers made planes for military purposes, because of government demands. It wouldnt be real, if few years later the market would be full of large planes. These were first years after the war, i doubt, that there would be huge demand for them.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:42:42 AM »
The plane selection represents what was available back then.. The longer range DC6 nd 7 are just coming available etc..

there are some thing what I need to check, the low LF for example.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:36:58 PM »
But the new aircraft do feature 100 seat aircraft, & ranges of up to 2,400 miles?
The KUL SIN route also has business class listed on the demand tables yet you cannot allocate any configuration for it.

In fact, you could describe all seats as premier in terms of room, single service aircraft were not cheap, & reflect more a one but Business class of travel.

I am no 7 out of 250 in another game half way through, no one is getting more than 50% load in this game, & bankruptcy seems common.
Not very well established to start...looks like i will leave it. Not seem very productive to play when you manage well, balance all, yet the game system fails to enable you even to get a stable start.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »
Not very well established to start...looks like i will leave it. Not seem very productive to play when you manage well, balance all, yet the game system fails to enable you even to get a stable start.

Sorry, but instead of complaining (?) in such a tone you should read the game info & description and understand that this is a test scenario and such an early year has been never tried before. And there will be changes to the system if needed after some results / feedback is gained from this world.

The LF issue I have noticed already days ago but can check it earliest by tomorrow. I do already have a hunch what causes it (a combination of things actually). Have to see how easy it is to fix without major modifications. The early game year combined with the highdens seats and relatively slow planes are the reasons.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:47:11 PM by sami »

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 11:47:24 PM »
The points made highlight where the areas are...that need addressing, we understand & can read thanks!
The overall situation, is that LF are low, planes cannot be got with more then 30 seats, Marketing appears to have little affects, (U cant measure it as such), & to successfully enter the game, you must be able to stabilise the Financial base of the Airline.
Few seem able, & we are the experienced players.

Offline maya666

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »
I'm currently  making profit, with just 4 doves 11 seaters and a city marketing campaign.  So it is possible. I just think that really needs a different strategy then the other games since the staring budget is far less (but real with respect to the years) and you can't make a long haul flight so you need to start close by.
The only thing is that till a certain date there should be multi tech stops available. Then it would be a bit easier.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 02:17:10 PM »
I agree multi stops would help, but new aircraft will give a range of 2,500 miles, & they can arrive within 3 months in game time.
I have some ordered we shall see...would help if there were some released onto used plane market.

Still generally we not getting load factors above 55%, even with no competition.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »
If the new longrange planes have still HD seats and such I believe they will not work (~20-40% LF) until I can check / fix. So better put them to shorter routes until I advise here that the things have been adjusted.

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 08:40:46 PM »
I have a mix of normal Economy & it is still the same.

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
I have a mix of normal Economy & it is still the same.

There is a significant change for me - I have had 30% then I changed the settings and now its around 64% on +2 hours flight. Realistic to me.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
personally, I am faring very well.

I have 13 leased CW Commandos and getting 70% LFs.   I am only flying one leg trips right now.  It is better for me to ward off anyone from trying to hub off of Las Vegas (which two people have tried to do... read on)

I profit almost every week (unless I get nailed with income tax ... 127,843 withheld so far this game year).

I have many people competing with me on routes and all of them are heavily in debt. 

I decided not to outlay a ton of money for DC6s-7s until I had a strong base to start with.   Also, I anticipate many early orders will end up in the used plane market.

I guess, in short, I did pretty well thus far.  Despite what everyone else has said, I'd love to use this in a whole world scenario with 200 players (once we can multi hub).   Let the game go on until 1985 or something.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »
I do think that it would be an interesting idea to start a scenario in 1950 and let it run all the way to 2020.. But that's a "small" 1,5 year scenario .. So maybe not right now with lots of updates and stuff still coming along :P

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 10:00:18 PM »
I know, Sami.  Refer to my other post on an entirely new type of game.  I think the idea has some merit.  It really would be some serious fun when 1.2 and hubbing comes out

Offline AlistairS

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 03:56:14 AM »
I have weekly profit of 120K using C46's and DC3's and load factors in the mid 60's and climbing with a moderate marketing setting. The available destinations dictate that you do not need large (100+) seating aircraft, air travel during this time period was a luxury for the afluent. I have played other airline sims both single pc and online and I think Sami has the modeling about right. If anything he has been slightly over generous on the ability to connect cities internationally within Europe. On the down side, there were a significant number of ex-military aircraft that were converted to civil use that are not represented, also the Comet 1 - the first jet airliner was certified in 1952 but is not available, just as well, as in 1955 there were a number of crashes. We have to remember this is a limited test senario, I am personally finding it refreshing.

takasito

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »
It surely depends on where your base airport situated.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.