Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lebanon-BEY-Asia  (Read 1512 times)

Offline ali5541

• Members
Lebanon-BEY-Asia
« on: January 24, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »
For this game, some information needs to be updated for the nation of Lebanon. The reason is, well, it's my home country. Alright, here some information.

Lebanon declared independence from France in 1941; it was recognized in 1943 meaning it was its own nation now.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon

Lebanon's BEY (Beirut Rafic Hariri) airport was opened on 23 April 1954. However, before this time period, there was a much smaller but medium sized airfield used for commercial services. It was known as the "Bir Hassan Airfield."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beirut_Rafic_Hariri_International_Airport (Under the subtitle " Inauguration"

However, I can not find any historical data on the Bir Hassan Airfield. I have searched high and low, googled, yahooed, asked, etc. All I get is that BEY replaced Bir Hassan Airfield. I'm guessing, the only possible way I can get my hands on information about this Airfield is if I fly to Lebanon. lol, anyone have any sites I can search?
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

jchaves

• Former member
Re: Lebanon-BEY-Asia
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »
I think that you gave the answer to your question, as the game is actually at 1952 and the game config says "World areas included  North America, Europe, Asia - Only airports sized: Significant (4), Large (5)". That excludes airfields, I guess.

Offline ali5541

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
I think that you gave the answer to your question, as the game is actually at 1952 and the game config says "World areas included  North America, Europe, Asia - Only airports sized: Significant (4), Large (5)". That excludes airfields, I guess.

Yah, I know, but that wasn't my point. My point was that this early on in the world, an additional airport would not hurt. The Air Field mention above had high demand for flights to London, Paris, Italy, and Spain. Not to mention Cario, U.A.E (In General) and Iran.
Top Airway Sim Fan, Member since July-2007

jchaves

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »
Understood. I guess I'd have to agree that just a few more airfields and airports wouldn't hurt. Perhaps a choice under the intense traffic criteria, if there is any data available. Anyway, I'm quite happy with this game just the way it is.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.