Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Difference in airport size: Then & Now  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Daveos

• Members
Difference in airport size: Then & Now
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Features Requests:

After opening a route to London-Stansted in this game, it occurred to me that London-Stansted was a tiny airport in 1952, despite its 'large' status now.  Stansted grew rapidly after 1991 once its first new terminal building had been opened, from around 2 million pax a year to over 20 million now in 2010.

It did make me think that maybe you could solve the problem of new runways and new terminals etc, by effectively closing the old airport and opening a new one, despite it being the same airport.  I know before you've said that new runways cannot be modelled, as I asked about Manchester's second runway and an increase in slots, but I thought maybe this could be a solution.  Airports like Munich and Hong Kong in the current games all close and airlines are automatically transferred to the new airport (unless they desire no to be) and maybe this could work with the addition of new terminals and runways to reflect an increase in passenger movements.

I do appreciate this would involve the creation of a vast number of 'new' airports but it could maybe help one day :)

Cheers and, as ever, keep up the tremendous work :D

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:30:41 PM by Daveos »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Difference in airport size: Then & Now
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
Sames goes for CVG and Lunken Airport in Cincinnati.  Lunken was the major airport until the flood of 1947 when things started to trickle over to CVG.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.