Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: General Feedback  (Read 7148 times)

jchaves

• Former member
Re: General Feedback
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »
Are we talking model 10, 12 and 14 Electras now or the L-188?
The 10, 12 and 14 should all be available long ago, they are about the same age as the DC-2 and B247.
Real bummer that there's no Connie though :(

I guess that we won't have any Lockheed, as Lockheed isn't included in manufacturers. I hope to play it again with all the additions and corrections. If not, playing the 50's without the Constellation and the L-1049 Super Constellation is like playing the 70's without the 747.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »
Not like Sami needs any defending.

This is the first scenario in the 50s.  Not everything has been modeled yet.
You were told in the description that it wasnt here.
It also says (test) next to the game's name

So be it.  Move on.  It isn't going to kill you.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
Are we talking model 10, 12 and 14 Electras now or the L-188?

http://www.airwaysim.com/Information/Aircraft

jchaves

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 03:06:28 PM »
Not like Sami needs any defending.

This is the first scenario in the 50s.  Not everything has been modeled yet.
You were told in the description that it wasnt here.
It also says (test) next to the game's name

So be it.  Move on.  It isn't going to kill you.

:) we're just talking, having a conversation, not blaming Sami. As I said before, I'm enjoying a lot this scenario.

Offline maya666

• Members
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
What kind of info do you need before you can add it in to the database?
Maybe we can help provide those (from 'thursted' sites not wiki).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »
Any more feedback so far?

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 08:44:21 PM »
I think a lot of the problems 'highlighted' by some at the start are slowly disappearing, as load factors have risen and some airlines can make good money now.  I think the slower speed of the aircraft and the time it takes RI and marketing to develop is excellent, as it acts as a natural brake for airline growth.  Marketing would have been less influential 60 years ago and passengers that flew would have paid more attention to comfort and seating due to their higher social status.  Whether this was intended or not, I don't know, but if it was then its a great tweak :D

The main consideration I would say is the number of players at the start of a world like this.

As you've alluded to in the past, the pax figures are so low that it is hard for worlds like this to operate in the same way as the others.  I mentioned somewhere else, but its effectively ~100 players fighting over LHR's yearly pax in 1993.  I think this could be a possible problem like in Euro Challenge and North American Challenge, where only a few big airlines dominate the skies.  A solution is difficult, but the slowing of growth definitely helps.

Another consideration is the split in demand.  Would business and first class have a greater percentage of demand in this era, with flying retaining its exclusivity until the advent of holiday travel?

I think the era is very appealing and it tests players to develop their profit margins.  In the whole world games, a few big routes with high C/F-class demand can see your profits soar very easily.  In this game economy pax are much more important and developing a short-haul network is essential.

I hope thats of some positive use.

Cheers Sami :)

Dave

Offline lastchancer

• Members
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »
I think a lot of the problems 'highlighted' by some at the start are slowly disappearing, as load factors have risen and some airlines can make good money now.  I think the slower speed of the aircraft and the time it takes RI and marketing to develop is excellent, as it acts as a natural brake for airline growth.  Marketing would have been less influential 60 years ago and passengers that flew would have paid more attention to comfort and seating due to their higher social status.  Whether this was intended or not, I don't know, but if it was then its a great tweak :D
I totally agree with Daveos here. In real world,  airlines run a route 6 month befor deciding if it is profitable or not. So, LF around 30 % the first month is something we should deal with, especially when the airline just started operations. This might be hard for new players but could be balanced with an increased start capital.

With Bug Report Airline (http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline68) I ignored fleet comonality and checked out 5 different fleet types(C-47, DC 6B, DC 4, B-377, Martin 4-0-4).
All types are profitable, even longhaul routes using a 2nd leg and both legs using the maximum range of aircraft(with technical stop/fuel only). E.g. New Delhi-Technical Stop-LHR with DC 6B or Dehli-Technical Stop-Seoul with Martin 4-0-4 are money makers.

As mentioned before, a 3rd leg would be fine to do things like: LHR-Techn. Stop-Techn. Stop-Tokyo in a "50ies and 60ies only" scenario.

Due to the long flight times, a reconfiguration (I mean reduction of capacity, HD to Standard conf. and adding C&F) of the planes is mostly needed to increase LF.
So the factory default configs are mostly not newbie-friendly.(Im based in Delhi, the next destination are 400NM+ away, might be different in Central Europe).
Compare to an 80ies scenario where a B737-300 in default config Y126 can be put on (nearly) EVERY route.

All in all I would say it is easy to make money in this game. One reason might be that fuel is very cheap an fuel costs dont play a major role compared to other game worlds.

For experienced players it is a new experience and should work fine, but for new players it might be difficult to get the foot in the game because route planning is more tricky and limited to LFs.

bigdogshark62

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 08:49:33 PM »
I'm loving this scenario as well. 

The only I seem to be having with Cascade Mountain Air is that (while waiting for longer range aircraft) my tech stop routes are not growing as they should.  I'll wait a little longer to see how things change when route image improves a little more, but the load factors for a high demand route are hovering just over 35% (and I'm the only one flying the route at the moment). 

Otherwise, keep this scenario.  We'll help out with aircraft info, so we can get the Connie in there, plus all the Lockheed, Convair, Martin, Northrop, Grumman, Boeing, etc. 

Keep up the great work!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 02:26:33 AM »
Bumping/bugging once more & again.

Does anyone else happen to have comments/ideas/complaints that I should take into consideration for the future?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 05:00:09 AM »
none any more.  I like the game you made.   You know I have been begging for games with fewer players and many fewer airports.  It adds variation.   There was good early competition and it was hard to get planes.   

I think that you should also make an International Game.   Only the largest of the large airports in the world.  Only jets.... 

I know, I haven't played this game particularly once I had a stranglehold on Las Vegas.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.