Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airports tha tdont yet exist  (Read 6659 times)

• Former member
Re: Airports tha tdont yet exist
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »
It is to test that feature and its playability..

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: Airports that dont yet exist - Sweden?!
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »
There are no airports in Sweden?  :-\

Is this just because of their size or are they genuinely missing?  I've searched the forum and found no other note of this.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
The Sweden thing is a bit of a problem. As ESSB was their main airport until Arlanda opened ... But the size class restriction to class 4-5 airports has left Bromma out as it has been marked as sizeclass 2 or 3 airport, as the classification was based on today's passenger numbers, not what was going on in the 1950s..  In 1950s demand numbers Bromma would have had "plenty" of traffic, and been a size 4 airport at least. I have to change the size class system a bit later on.

So that's a kind of a bug. But wouldn't been noticed without this game world. And the apt size class restriction setting for game worlds is also a new thing and wanted to test that properly so that's why only 4/5 class airports were selected here.

Offline Knud B

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:04 PM »
I think that in the 1950s there was plenty small airports.

As ex. there was a route betwen Copenhagen (CPH) and Odense (ODE) from the end of WW II until 1998. Not that it say so much, but I think that from the 1950s until 1990s there was more commercial flights from smaller airports than there is today.
Knud Berggreen
City Air Service 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.