Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airports tha tdont yet exist  (Read 6730 times)

Filippo

• Former member
Re: Airports tha tdont yet exist
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »
It is to test that feature and its playability..

thank-you

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: Airports that dont yet exist - Sweden?!
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »
There are no airports in Sweden?  :-\

Is this just because of their size or are they genuinely missing?  I've searched the forum and found no other note of this.

Dave

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
The Sweden thing is a bit of a problem. As ESSB was their main airport until Arlanda opened ... But the size class restriction to class 4-5 airports has left Bromma out as it has been marked as sizeclass 2 or 3 airport, as the classification was based on today's passenger numbers, not what was going on in the 1950s..  In 1950s demand numbers Bromma would have had "plenty" of traffic, and been a size 4 airport at least. I have to change the size class system a bit later on.

So that's a kind of a bug. But wouldn't been noticed without this game world. And the apt size class restriction setting for game worlds is also a new thing and wanted to test that properly so that's why only 4/5 class airports were selected here.

Offline Knud B

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:04 PM »
I think that in the 1950s there was plenty small airports.

As ex. there was a route betwen Copenhagen (CPH) and Odense (ODE) from the end of WW II until 1998. Not that it say so much, but I think that from the 1950s until 1990s there was more commercial flights from smaller airports than there is today.
Knud Berggreen
City Air Service 
-

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.