Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel prices!  (Read 2943 times)

Offline mark320

• Members
Fuel prices!
« on: January 16, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
Fellow airline CEOs,

With the current fuel prices, weare finding hard to make any profit. Our fuel bill has doubled in the last year! Any ideas how to mitigate this effect?

regards,

Mark320

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Fuel prices!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »
Prop planes that use less fuel per passenger seems to be the only way.  I reconfigured all of my big planes to max out the seating capacities (high density everything) and seems to be working and turning small profits.  The fuel prices are set as "historical" which in theory means we should see fuel prices crash here in the next year or so, but we'll see...

Tobseren

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »
I can see that many many big airlines with 50+ planes is going bankrupt - is it because of this?

jchaves

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
I can see that many many big airlines with 50+ planes is going bankrupt - is it because of this?

Mainly those who are trying a cut-throat price policy.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
Interest rates just crashed.  Fuel should be going down here shortly if it is truly a "historical" fuel pricing system:

Offline mark320

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:42:59 PM »
Thanks Lemonbutt,

Hope it gets better soon as i am trying all i can do not to go into the red! :( trust my luck all my planes need C checks around this time!! :'(

regards,

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
The fuel data is from late 2008 so the latest devlopments are not in there yet... as the available stats become always available quite a time after the events..

Offline mark320

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 10:53:56 PM »
Oh my!!! :( I am waiting for an important delivery in June and it does not look good!

regards,

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »
I've gone from $9mil a week profit to a $7mil loss a week!

This is really hurting, hopefully I can hang on, but it's not looking good.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 11:30:15 PM »
The fuel data is from late 2008 so the latest devlopments are not in there yet... as the available stats become always available quite a time after the events..

Do the models used account for inflation for ticket prices?  I'm assuming passenger/navigation/etc fees are calculated on a percentage basis, but obviously fuel prices, especially in a historical situation, are heavily affected by inflation.  There is a saying that there is no such thing as inflation adjusted oil prices because oil drives inflation.  If I raised my ticket prices to correlate with fuel prices above the "default" prices, would that result in a huge hit on my load factors as my prices are way above the industry standard?

mrose

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 09:26:59 PM »
I seem to be doing OK by using planes that don't burn as much as a plane their size should. For example all my aircraft except the 757's have whichever engine choice burns the least fuel and with my first few A380s flying it seems that they are really good at making money even during a fuel crisis. I agree that prop-planes are better with fuel and would help any short haul airlines a great deal but I think the key is to have an economical fleet and not to spend any money on new aircraft unless you absolutely have to.

Just my thoughts,

M. Rose
---- French Star CEO ----

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »
we are in 2011 now in the game... what are the fuel prices based on now?!

we're up at 1000 dollar again....

any ideas what will happen with the prices?
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.