Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Re-train pilots / Convert pilots / Fleet groups vs. pilots  (Read 2975 times)

Branmuffin

• Former member
Re: Re-train pilots
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 02:12:31 AM »
+1

C'mon sami, you must have seen this thread by now  ;)

Offline Alien

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 02:59:54 AM »
Do You know, how longe it takes to train an ATP?
How long it takes to train a CRJ-Pilot for an A320?
Officially it is not practical to train an Airbus pilot for a Boeing aircraft or viceversa.
You need to plan a couple of month ahead to have them available in time.

So far, we have no complicated pilot system, which makes the game easier for beginners. Otherwise we could split up the game down to pilotquality and prices (I remember a game called Airline from a danish? publisher).

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 06:51:51 AM »
I'm in the same situation as NorgeFLY in that in a few game years time in MT2 my 737-700's will start arriving and I'll have to fire the majority of my medium pilots (except for those flying my Saab 2000's on domestic routes) only to re-hire the same amount in large aircraft category.
The firing isn't the problem for me but the staff morale as I'll still be flying medium-sized aircraft despite firing 300+ of the pilots currently in that category

hjp766

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 09:33:42 AM »
Good Idea, but you only have to do base training for your first jet type aircraft, you don't od base training for subsequent types unless it is not a ZFT sim.

HJ

PS Circuits in an A320 = mental

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »
It wouldn't be necessary for the pilots to do "actual" training and be unavailable for a period of time in the game, it just needs to be possible to use pilots from different categories rather than have to fire them and loose CI only to re-hire new pilots immediately.

When an phases out an old aircraft type for a new one, they do not fire all the original pilots and re-hire new ones... they simply retrain the old pilots to fly the new aircraft.

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 04:39:34 AM »
YES! +2!

highlander1715

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »
I have read through both threads on this topic here and (http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,20399.0.html) and I do not see a reply from Sami.  I suppose we all just ask for too much,  I guess we should just spend what we would spend on re-training on marketing to drag the CI back up again after the bloodbath in the pilots lounge.

kind regards,

Graham

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 08:26:22 PM »
This would come at the same time when staff systems are revised a bit more, at some point. No further guesses so far.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: Re-train pilots / Convert pilots / Fleet groups vs. pilots
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
As it's almost 2 years since I posted this request and almost 1.5yrs since Sami's last response to it, I wondered, if we were any closer to getting the feature implimented? It would make a big difference to the game play I think.

Many players spend vast amounts of money on marketing to get their CI to a decent level, just to have it ruined when they have to fire a bunch of pilots simply as they are in the wrong size category.

It can be a massive cost for a small/medium airline moving from a fleet of medium aircraft to a fleet of aircraft when the entire pilot workforce has to be fired and then re-hired.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,33078.msg196022.html#msg196022

What do you think NorgeFly?

Pretty much exactly how it should work I'd say. But anything is better than having to fire a load of pilots simply to re-hire a bunch more a few seconds later!

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »
can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet. :)

Offline Boot

• Members
Re: [ok] Re-train pilots / Convert pilots / Fleet groups vs. pilots
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 07:18:09 AM »
sweet! already used it :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.