Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 737 replacement  (Read 4424 times)

mikk_13

• Former member
737 replacement
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »
Hi,

I am starting to wonder what will happen with my 737's. Will there be any new jets similar to the 737 that will use less fuel?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: 737 replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »
Just buy newer model 737s.   If you've already got the best ones available for your needs you may have to replace them with the same model when they get old enough.  I'm sure the 737NGs will remain in production through the end.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:11:50 AM »
The CS300 might be a good 733/737 replacement...

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:47:47 AM »
CS300, what does it means?

Offline Lazybee

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:35:07 AM »
Bombadier Series C300. The larger version has the same amount of seats as a 737-300 and is very economical

mikk_13

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:05:48 PM »
Yeah i thought about the cs300 but it just doesn't carry enough people.

The route fees are starting to bite because of the anti monopoly thing.

At the moment i am running 737-400 and they are doing well. They are cheap and economical for the price.

I thought about starting to fly the 737-900 but i can't justify paying an extra 30 mil for another 20 seats. I don't think it will save me 30 million to fly the ng 737, as maintenance and fuel burn are not much higher.

If i flew the cs300 i would have to add more aircraft to meet the capacity and therefore increase costs in personnel and route fees.

I can't see any viable replacement.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »
737-800's and 900's could be your ideal replacement aircraft for the 400's.  Your fuel burn with them will be significantly lower which will reduce your overall expense.  You may also want to consider the MD90's, but they're slightly smaller than the 400/800/900 but just as economical.

If you're looking for a size upgrade, the 757's are still VERY viable. The 753 burns the same fuel per seat as the 734 but carries an extra 70 passengers. The 752 gives you about a 30-40 person bump, and uses slightly more fuel per seat. (these are assuming the standard config).

The A321 might be your true winner - it carries a few more passengers with the same trip cost (i.e. lower cost per seat) than the 734.

If the COMAC 919 or the MS-21 shows up, that has potential to be viable as they're using nextgen engines that should be more economical than what we currently have available to us....

Though, if you could only get over your cost of capital issue...

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »
MD90 slightly smaller? actually, it is but not exactly. you can fit in about 156 seats and customers will be very happy with the service anyway, but don't go off of me with the MD90's seat comfort: I flew an all-domestic route airline in Taiwan, and the longest leg of my flights was only an hour and 15 minutes long, so the short flight was not enough to bother with seat comfort. It is very reliable though; I had them for about 15 years and never replaced them, and they were very fuel efficient, cheap and fast. they rarely delayed flights because of maintenance too so that's a bonus. I do suggest going with MD80/90s because the 737 is the world's most popular start-up jet. the MD90s are not. You'll be waiting 5 years+ for the 737s when you can get NEW MD90s in a year (max), taken from research in 2001 (gametime). The MD90s are hard to replace once you get them too;the A320/B737 series are both extremely popular and it could be years before you get them. The B757 is, although very reliable and FE, it also carries about 35 more seats and therefor will cost more. I would say that a cheap alternative is the MD90/MD80 series. ;)

PS-don't bother with the Bombardier C-series. they don't carry enough passengers and it will be 2015 by the time they are even RELEASED. Air Canada has been waiting to replace their E-175s for eyons, and the reason why they've been waiting for that long is because Bombardier has been putting off the C-series for ages so they can't replace them until they do release them, which is going to be about 2072. It's a waste of time in our eyes (us Canadians).  ;)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Offline Kazari

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »
LOVE the MD90s. Use them to great effect in Madrid.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »
From a real world perspective, seat comfort is fully dependant upon the airline's choice of seats that they install in the cabin.  The game isn't quite right with the MD90's seating capacity, as its a true equivilant to the 738 in real life (DL is configuring their MD90's to be 16C/144Y, the same as their 738 fleet).  I would argue that the MD80's and 90's are more comfortable, especially in the back of the bus, due to the 5 abreast seating - only a 20% chance of getting a middle seat.  The 90's are just stretched MD88's with an upgraded electrical system and the same IAE2500 engines hanging off Airbii..

So ICECold, it sounds like you're saying that someone that operates a ton of 737-300s/700s shouldn't consider the CS300 as a good direct replacement?

(Yes, I know the CASM on the 733's and 737's are poor compared to the 400/800's and there's commonality synergies with the other 737 types, but still.... )

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »
exactly: no, don't get them. Bombardier has dangled this 'carrot' in front of many 'donkeys' for too long as they keep postponing it over and over. When it comes out though, look into it if you operate E-Jets, especially E-175s and E-190s. They have better fuel efficiency and better range than the E-Jets and are going to be FAR more comfortable. ;)

ICEcold

Mahon

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
Gotcha. Don't buy the CS300 in-game because of a real world grudge against Bombardier. STICK IT TO THE MAN!

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 05:07:04 AM »
lol. not exactly. they look to be a good plane, but for now: don't even bother looking at them. WHEN they come out, look at them for additions, replacements and/or bragging rights. That's what I mean. they don't look to be a bad aircraft, and Canadians have the complete opposite of a grudge against Bombardier; we actually support Bombardier whenever we can! They stretch all around the world and just Canada can't stop them from succeeding, but we like Bombardier anyway. that was confusing, even for me. :P

Mahon

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 06:24:02 AM »
ICE... I am a Canuck.  8)

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 03:29:49 PM »
Nice!!! :D good to see a fellow Canadian. I'm from TO so I obviously don't like the Maple Leafs ;D; I like Tampa, New York (rangers) and New Jersey personally. Colorado Avalanche and Detroit are just OK, and Montreal can Die in a hole.  :laugh: btw, are you guys having enough snow for the Olympics? I know that I can count the amount of snow (in mm) on ONE HAND. We have almost no snow in ONT; even Barrie and Collingwood are having trouble keeping snow on their mountains (that's where all the ski/snowboard mountains are in Ontario). It's brutally WARM too. ::)

sorry, really off topic. Yeah, I would actually like to have the CS110 and CS300 in my fleet along with other NNNG aircraft, but I will be waiting a long time and the planes and most likely will have to give up a lot to replace my planes for them. I know that my next airline will be CanadaExcel/ExcelCanada (joint venture airline with Icelandair0416) and will probably use them on flights inside Canada and across the border. maybe even into Western Canada (we split Canada up into East and West, I get Eastern cuz I know it better: I live there! :laugh:). Hey, are you going to be playing in the summer (of this year)? maybe you can help me out.... ;) all I need is someone who can help out in Canada trying to secure flights for us (so we can replace you and dominate Canada). I will provide an exit strategy for you if you do this. I have a couple secret 'goldmine' cities that I can get you into. I can also provide you with a basic strategy for dominating that country (which isn't hard from most of the goldmine cities). You in?

Mahon

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 07:36:23 PM »
I might well be playing then, particularly if the revised passenger model launches.

I can't personally claim to know whether there's enough snow for the Olympics, unless they were perplexingly decide to hold them in Alberta at the last minute (in which case the answer would be most assuredly yes).

Despite being a Canuck (meant in the general sense of being Canadian, not of any affiliation to the gloriously named but oft hideously-dressed Vancouver hockey franchise), I am not much of a hockey fan (not since the NHL decided that it didn't care much for Canadian franchises since the Sun Belt was where it's at, at least). But, I suppose discussions of such things are obligatory to being Canadian. So, for the sake of form, I guess I still like the Leafs, even if they are hopeless.

The CJets look like they'll show up around 2013ish. They seem about ideal (alongside a mighty herd of Q400's) for my YEG-based airline. I'll probably still use 739's and 738's for some of my thicker, longer-range routes. I just wish the the 737-900ER (and possibly the 700ER) had the proper seat stats (it's been fixed, but only for future games).

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 02:18:55 AM »
Airwaysim v1.2 is out in a couple months, and I'll be playing in the first game in the new version....or one that starts around the end of June (that's when my school finishes) and I'll be playing that until I go off to Camp at CFB Trenton for a couple weeks. If you wanna take over until I return, you can and i'll probably give you things to stick to if you're making big decisions for the airline, so that it will benefit my airline. Btw, if the CS300 or CS110 come out and you see that they can replace some aircraft, please do. make sure that range is matched or improved by the CS110/300 and that configuration is matched or more precise for the route of the plane it will replace (eg. if an A320 is flying from Halifax-Kelowna and there is a demand of about 140/day, and the A320 seats 149, while the CS300 seats 130, then it would be beneficial to replace the A320 with the CS300). That sort of thing. can you do that?

ICEcold

Mahon

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 02:27:46 AM »
I'll think about it. I can't say for sure that I'll be around during the timeframe in question, or that I won't be busy flying a herd of Vickers Viscounts in some other scenario. I haven't done that in a while.

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 04:32:53 AM »
Well, sorry for changing the topic of the discussion  ;D

Does anyone knows when these CS300 will be available to airlines?

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 02:38:11 AM »
Well, sorry for changing the topic of the discussion  ;D

Does anyone knows when these CS300 will be available to airlines?

2013 or 2014 i think......

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.