Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel Prices?  (Read 6697 times)

DenisG

• Former member
Re: Fuel Prices?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »
Well, partially because newer a/c become more efficient anyhow. This trend in aviation design was of course pushed by the fuel prices a.o. So in general the tendency should always be up I guess. The challenge will of course be to replace fleets as technology enables more efficient designs.
Denis

Offline elmarinomercante

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
when is expected to star go down the fuel prices?

jest

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »
They will go to 1000$ before going down...

swboy

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »
It's to difficult to start and operate new airline with fuel prices 900-1000$ It's to high! With 4 planes Airbus, Boeing I can't make profit

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 10:37:25 AM »
It's to difficult to start and operate new airline with fuel prices 900-1000$ It's to high! With 4 planes Airbus, Boeing I can't make profit

If you have a total of 4 planes and they include aircraft from both Airbus and Boeing, your biggest problem may be fleet commonality costs instead of fuel expenses.

swboy

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
No. my fuel costs is much higher than commonality...
Do you have any ideas how to reduce them (commonality costs) exept buying younger aircrafts?

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »
Just use 1 type of A/C for as long as you can, or a/c within the same fleet i.e A319,A320,A321..or Boieng 737 -3/4/5..md80,81,82, etc, etc. I had 1 bombardier 120crj in my fleet and alone it costs over 300 000 a month to have that in my fleet. It's something that fools a lot of people, myself included obviously, lesson was learned by almost going bust.

It's not easily apparant how costly fleet (un)communality is until your money just starts rapdily disappearing. There's plenty of threads on the forums about it. Fuel expenditure has only 1 solution, grounding all your flights, unless you can swap your entire fleet for modenr planes, age doesn't seem to matter...It's a cost that will always be there as long as your planes are in the air. But fleet communality expenditure is an area which you can directly control and easily, by using as few different types of A/C as possible. The larger a/c has a substantial cost of up to and beyong the million mark (not per a/c, and the incremental growth in this is small once you have started flying a type of a/c) for fleet maintenance/training, etc..so until you have a fleet of planes that can support that base cost, don't look to add another type of a/c with a similar monthly/weekly expenditure. Why spend 2 million when you can only spend 1?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:35:25 PM by knutm1980 »

swboy

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 01:56:53 PM »
Thank you!) I didn't think about this

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.