Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel Prices?  (Read 6692 times)

Offline vectorforfood

• Members
Fuel Prices?
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »
Is it randomized by a computer program, or is someone actually dithering with this every day?

Either way, we've been at some record high prices for quite some time!

DenisG

• Former member
Re: Fuel Prices?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 01:26:20 PM »
Jipp, prices are going up! They doubled during the past 15 months. It follows a historical as well as randomized pattern, if I remember correctly. Anyway, looking forward to see those DC-9 and B727 mavericks storing their planes in the hangars finally.
Denis

RB211TriStar

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »
No wonder I can't sell my 707's  ;D

Offline vectorforfood

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »
Well Denis, for those of us that started late, the 727-100's 737-100's were all that was available to get any decent size airline going, now the game is punishing us for something we had no control over!

C'est la vie I guess.

I have ordered replacements for my 727's, but the cost of fuel is now stopping me from making enough money to order replacements for my 737's...

If it's random then the price of fuel should plummet soon.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »
Well Denis, for those of us that started late, the 727-100's 737-100's were all that was available to get any decent size airline going, now the game is punishing us for something we had no control over!

C'est la vie I guess.

I have ordered replacements for my 727's, but the cost of fuel is now stopping me from making enough money to order replacements for my 737's...

If it's random then the price of fuel should plummet soon.

Hi vectorforfood!
My joy was absolutely not directed at the newbies. I know from my own experience how difficult it can be to start late at high fuel levels and grow the airline. My personal experience is that flying props on routes up to 950nm is the best way to start in a crowded environment with high fuel prices due to the aircrafts economic efficiencies/advantages. However, my joy was directed at my decision to early on order a bunch of modern aircrafts and spend significant time and money on replacing the old ones, including canceling lease agreements way early in the contract phase. With fuel prices at these levels, I can finally attack on routes that I had wanted to early on but could not due to the lack of additional aircrafts, because I mostly replaced older ones during the last two years - while my big competitors added aircrafts in huge amounts and I was not able to follow. Now I finally have this scenario where this strategy seems to pay off for a while at least. So please allow my joy at the moment.  :P
Best regards,
Denis

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »
Random and historic, well, don't forget the gulf war...
Denis

Offline vectorforfood

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:29:02 AM »
Hmm.. this oil price is now at $325

Someone is reading this thread and having fun I think?

Seriously, that sort of a price isn't even realistic let alone "random"

Someone must be setting the fuel prices constantly?

Online mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 10:29:27 AM »
;D
You should join to Modern world scenario. The oil price is around 900$ there.
Like DenisG said, don't forget the gulf war when the oil prices peaked.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »
Someone must be setting the fuel prices constantly?

The fuel prices are preset before each game world starts .. (and no user/forum comments have effect on them)

The prices follow either a random pattern (preset) or real-world prices - the info is shown on the game world description.

Offline vectorforfood

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 05:32:59 PM »
Never mind I take it back,

Correct Jan 1st 2010 cost of Jet-A is:

$696USD/1000KG
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:38:49 PM by vectorforfood »

Offline vectorforfood

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 05:42:17 PM »
Sami,

Can you tell us the Absolute Low (If any) and Absolute High (If Any) the fuel prices can be?

Obviously it will never be free, but are there certain limits it has?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
Can you tell us the Absolute Low (If any) and Absolute High (If Any) the fuel prices can be?

Nope, I can't ;)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 08:30:21 PM »
Don't forget the OPEC oil trade embargo in the 1980s as well.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
Fuel prices are really starting to concern me, just as well I've done away with most of the old fuel guzzlers, too bad to those who bought them from me :P

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 04:56:14 PM »
I can feel your pain! I also replaced my fuel guzzlers with more efficient a/c just when the hike started. But right now, even my A310-200s rarely make some 30k profit on competition free routes. They are simply too thirsty. And the gulf war has not appeared on radar yet.
Denis

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:44 AM »
I find the boeings more profitable in these times than the Airbuses but thats just my opinion :P And looks like we are in trouble with the gulf war :| PRICE HIKE TIME XD

pfmboidi

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 03:18:44 AM »
Am I missing something?

If the Game Description says "Fuel prices: custom" and that means that they DO NOT follow a real-world pattern, what do the events (OPEC, Gulf I) that have been mentioned by some have to do with anything?

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 04:25:34 AM »
Am I missing something?

If the Game Description says "Fuel prices: custom" and that means that they DO NOT follow a real-world pattern, what do the events (OPEC, Gulf I) that have been mentioned by some have to do with anything?

This.  Thank God.  I'm pretty sure that 'custom' means that we don't have to worry about the gulf war.  Of course prices might keep going up anyway. I really hope not though, they're already up 35% since May and 67% since last August.

Ffylip

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
Yep, fuel prices in this world are custom, which means they will not be affected by events that happened in real life like the Gulf War.  I don't know how Sami has coded the random price generator - I suspect it is intended that the overall trend over time would be upwards, as that is realistic, but given the relentless climb we have seen over the past year I suspect that we will at sometime soon see it fall back a little - hopefully not before all my competitors have gone bankrupt ;-)

Phil

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »
They need to slow down imo! if its custom that doesn't mean that it has to follow a realistic trend

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.