Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Refuel VS Secondary Stop  (Read 1403 times)

LTaudi

• Former member
Refuel VS Secondary Stop
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »
Hey Guys,

When routes are being made (XXX-XXX-XXX)  once you have a multi-leg route it gives you the choice to have the secondary stop only to "refuel - do not pick up new passengers"

For some reason that has always bugged me, now lets say instead of a refuel I make it a stop, does that mean that from my first airport and secondary stop I add both of the PAX demand of those airport to give me a total demand for my third leg since I pick up new passengers?  or if the demand from my second stop to the third is the only I should count for? 

Hope my explanation made sense  :P

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Refuel VS Secondary Stop
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »
If you fly from XXX-YYY-ZZZ as 2 flights with 2 return flights as XXX-YYY, YYY-ZZZ, ZZZ-YYY, and YYY-XXX you will have 4 separate demand pools.  If you fly from XXX-ZZZ via YYY, you'll have only 1 flight with 1 return flight as XXX-ZZZ and ZZZ-XXX and only 2 demand pools.

This is useful for long flights.  For example, I'm flying from San Francisco to Dubai in a game with  Lockheed Tri-Star with a range of only 3700 miles.  I can barely make it to Europe in 3700 miles, much less Dubai.  Therefore, I fly to Dubai with a refueling stop in Iceland (just under 3700 miles) and I continue on to my destination.  A lot of passengers want to fly from San Fran to Dubai, but there aren't a lot of passengers who want to fly from San Fran to Iceland or Iceland to Dubai, so I'm harnessing the demand of SFO-DXB instead of Iceland's less than robust demand.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
Hey Guys,

When routes are being made (XXX-XXX-XXX)  once you have a multi-leg route it gives you the choice to have the secondary stop only to "refuel - do not pick up new passengers"

For some reason that has always bugged me, now lets say instead of a refuel I make it a stop, does that mean that from my first airport and secondary stop I add both of the PAX demand of those airport to give me a total demand for my third leg since I pick up new passengers?  or if the demand from my second stop to the third is the only I should count for?  

Hope my explanation made sense  :P

Neither.

Let's say there is a flight, say, AAA->BBB->CCC

If you choose only to Refuel, the only people that you're moving is AAA->CCC.  You only pick up Fuel at BBB.  There is no means of picking up extra pax and continuing on.

(LemonButt's post above mine is entirely correct, I felt it just needed to be put a bit more concisely)

Offline DHillMSP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 04:42:12 AM »
Neither.

Let's say there is a flight, say, AAA->BBB->CCC

If you choose only to Refuel, the only people that you're moving is AAA->CCC.  You only pick up Fuel at BBB.  There is no means of picking up extra pax and continuing on.

(LemonButt's post above mine is entirely correct, I felt it just needed to be put a bit more concisely)

And to add (correct me if I'm wrong), if it's a technical/refuel stop, the minimum turnaround time applies for whatever a/c you have on the route - you're not cleaning or emptying luggage, just replenishing fuel and such.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »
I believe that's correct.  I don't believe you even get an option for turnaround time--it's automatic.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.